Nanostray Score Challenges (Original)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by incognito54, Mar 21, 2008.

1. incognito54
    OP

incognito54 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2005
    Portugal
    Hey!

I've been playing the original Nanostray, trying to beat all the challenges, but, I can't beat the score challenges (score 500000 points and such)... Any advice? What weapons to use and so on...

Thank you!

2. Aim@Me

Aim@Me Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    Canada
    Yeah I'm still having troubles getting 300,000 on the first challenge lol, I think it has to do with the weapon you are using and not missing a single shot? Perhaps getting all those Wave items and not using your sub weapon too.

3. incognito54
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2005
    Portugal
    I believe I once got through that first challenge without using the secondary weapon, killing all waves with just adding up multi and I still didn't get the score they want, not even close, something like 100k...
    I Will try that again later on and post the results here...

4. incognito54
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2005
    Portugal
    I beat the first score challenge! If you're interested here's how I did it:

1 - you must hold the R button at all times so that you don't miss any of the blue tokens that appear when you kill a wave.
    2 - you can't use the secondary weapon (B button) because that way you won't be able to add up multiplier to the bonus points you get when you kill a wave.

As for the concrete level strategy, I started with the first weapon until the first large ship appears. In this section I killed every single enemy.
    For the second part I used the third weapon, killing almost all enemies leaving behind just a few of those things that have a pulsating green light around them.
    When the last large ship appeared I switched again to the first weapon and stuck with it until the boss.
    To kill the boss I used the last weapon. In the beginning I stayed at right-end of the screen because the last weapon has auto-target but for some odd reason it only locks-on for the boss's right weapon. Then proceeded to destroy the second pink laser firing cannon and since there were no more blue tokens to collect I used the secondary weapon and bombs at will until the ****** was dead.

It was tough but it was immensely gratifying, this game is hard as hell!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice