Hacking Nandclean

kenna3eb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on 3.2U, trying to upgrade to 4.0 and I'm using the tutorial. I've been getting the "You are a pirate" message because I have preloader installed... so I figured I'd get rid of it with Nandclean.
I go ahead and boot it and it seems to be working OK. It first asks:

"Press 'A' to delete DVDX 3.4's 'gift'"
A.
DVDX 3.4's gift deleted successfully!

"Press 'A' to delete preloader < 0.29's hacks"
A
preloader < 0.29's hacks deleted successfully!

"Press 'A' to delete preloader < 0.29's settings"
A
preloader < 0.29's settings deleted successfully!

"Press 'A' to delete preloader < 0.29's installed DOL
A

Then it goes through all of them for Preloader = 0.29.

I hit A each time... gets rid of everything... 'successfully'... supposedly.

Then it says "Press '+' then '-' to delete the System Menu APP used by preloader 0.29 (for System Menu 4.0 ONLY). - Press any other button to Deny. WARNING! USE THIS ONLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REMOVED PRELOADER BY INSTALLING THE SYSTEM MENU WAD!
I hit B because I have 3.2U.

It now says "Done, your console has been cleaned! Press any key to quit." When I do, it takes me back to HBC. However, when I exit HBC, it takes me back to the Preloader screen... as though I haven't uninstalled anything. What am I doing wrong?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NANDClean doesn't install Preloader. You should reinstall the SysMenu WAD of your region and version to get rid of Preloader. NANDClean will then allow you to remove traces left from Preloader.

kenna3eb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response.

If I'm to use WAD Manager v1.4 to reinstall the SysMenu WAD of my region, what IOS version should I be using?

kenna3eb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response... it worked just fine and seems to have gotten rid of the Preloader. However, I still get the ""It seems to me that you are a pirate" message, even after running the Nandcleaner and reinstalling the system menu.
Any more advice?

Edit:
Update: So I installed bannerbomb, reinstalled HBC, ran Shared2Clean, ran NAND Clean... and it's STILL giving me that message ("You are a pirate") when running the CMDVDX35.

Any more suggestions?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will get that message if you have cIOSCORP installed. Remove it, run the hackmii installer, then reinstall CIOSCORP (If you have it to begin with)

kenna3eb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know if I have cIOSCORP installed? I don't see it anywhere if I do. If I do, how do I find it/uninstall it?

If I don't have it, does anyone have any more suggestions?

EDIT: I have no WAD files on my SD card, I've removed all installed games from my Wii, and, just in case, have gotten rid of the preloader, have run the NAND cleaner, and then clicked into the CMDVDX35.dol. I also have a fresh install of HBC. And no cIOSCORP folder on my SD Card. Oh... and I've also reinstalled 3.2U completely.

Still...
..."It seems to me that you are a pirate. bye..."

What gives?

EDIT AGAIN: OK so I've figured out how to uninstall custom IOSs... and I have none on my Wii (or at least, none that cOS Uninstaller 1.1 can find).
Any more ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn