DAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:
Davi92 said:
QUOTE said:
So it's finally possible to completely uninstall preloader?
Yes, just install the wad of your chosen System Menu and remove all the remaining files with this program.

Thanks, works great.
Quick question, though. What exactly is DVDX 3.4's "gift"?

can someone tell me what a wad of your chosen system menu means please? im not too sure and i cant find any information on it. also if i can download on where a place to dl it might be . thank you.

in short i am trying to get pre loader off my wii thanks.

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DAGR said:
piratesmack said:
Davi92 said:
QUOTE said:
Yes, just install the wad of your chosen System Menu and remove all the remaining files with this program.

Thanks, works great.
Quick question, though. What exactly is DVDX 3.4's "gift"?

can someone tell me what a wad of your chosen system menu means please? im not too sure and i cant find any information on it. also if i can download on where a place to dl it might be . thank you.

in short i am trying to get pre loader off my wii thanks.

if u're 3.2U search for systemmenuv289.wad if u're 4.0U search for systemmenuv417.wad.. (please double check cause i may be wrong and wrong system menu version and region will brick your wii)
Also, u can get the package in "ULTIMATE system menu 4.0 guide" somewhere in this forum. It has a program inside that will download the systemmenu u choose automatically from he update servers.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Richy Freeway said:
lettuce said:
piratesmack said:
Great Job!

Why would people want to remove preloader though?
Cos you don't need it if you've got Bootmii?
although 2 protections are better than one! (unless you're on about condoms of course...)

aside from that crude joke, if bootmii is installed as an IOS you need preloader to boot the HBC to boot bootmii. because IOS bootmii can only be loaded via HBC.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
aside from that crude joke, if bootmii is installed as an IOS you need preloader to boot the HBC to boot bootmii. because IOS bootmii can only be loaded via HBC.
But if you're like me and have it installed as boot2, then why bother with preloader if you don't need the patches?

quocdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
mikeyt1998 said:
But if you're like me and have it installed as boot2, then why bother with preloader if you don't need the patches?
and why don't you need the patches? does bootmii give you the patches or something? i use bootmiii to backup/restore nand, and preloader to skip update & region free channel. best of both worlds.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention it seems like a waste of time to restore with bootmii when you get a Banner brick.

Preloader is very useful for banner bricks - Preloader ->HBC->Wad Manager->Remove the defective wad. Otherwise you're stuck restoring all 528MB of NAND just to remove a wad with malformed banners.

(Yeah, i know you can run HBC from bootmii, but the wiimote supposedly doesn't work, so you need a GC Controller, and GC controller enabled Wad manager. Too much of a hassle when preloader works with wiimotes.)

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
techboy said:
Not to mention it seems like a waste of time to restore with bootmii when you get a Banner brick.

Preloader is very useful for banner bricks - Preloader ->HBC->Wad Manager->Remove the defective wad. Otherwise you're stuck restoring all 528MB of NAND just to remove a wad with malformed banners.

(Yeah, i know you can run HBC from bootmii, but the wiimote supposedly doesn't work, so you need a GC Controller, and GC controller enabled Wad manager. Too much of a hassle when preloader works with wiimotes.)

You can cycle with power and reset buttons.....

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:

You can do that with bootmii. Bootmii -> HBC -> Wad Manager->Remove the defective wad

raven_g20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello and thnx for all the info...i have a slight problem though....after i tried to softmod my Wii (took me a long time) i couldnt play backup games...so i decided to use another tutorial which also contained installation for preloader...unfortunately i messed up somewhere along the road and now everytime i start wii i get that preloader screen...and the thing is i cannot softmod anymore now because whenever i try and run the boot.dol thingies i get artifacts and some dump errors...i tried using the nandcleaner through the preloader but when i try to load it i get artifacts in the screen and i cannot fix it...can any1 please help me solve this problem? thank you again and any help is much appreciated.

armageddan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so if my nintendo wii is bricked, can i use this to clean up my wii's nand and see if it will run again? oh and just wondering real quick, is it possible to have preloader and bootmii installed??

raven_g20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
any help anyone please??? getting really desperate here!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
raven_g20 said:
hello and thnx for all the info...i have a slight problem though....after i tried to softmod my Wii (took me a long time) i couldnt play backup games...so i decided to use another tutorial which also contained installation for preloader...unfortunately i messed up somewhere along the road and now everytime i start wii i get that preloader screen...and the thing is i cannot softmod anymore now because whenever i try and run the boot.dol thingies i get artifacts and some dump errors...i tried using the nandcleaner through the preloader but when i try to load it i get artifacts in the screen and i cannot fix it...can any1 please help me solve this problem? thank you again and any help is much appreciated.
Can you run the HBC? If so, reinstall a System Menu and its IOS. (Be sure you install the IOS first, though!)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
armageddan said:
wait so if my nintendo wii is bricked, can i use this to clean up my wii's nand and see if it will run again? oh and just wondering real quick, is it possible to have preloader and bootmii installed??
1) Er...I suggest you read this thread again.
2) Yeah, you can have both if you really want to.

raven_g20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dialexio said:
raven_g20 said:
Can you run the HBC? If so, reinstall a System Menu and its IOS. (Be sure you install the IOS first, though!)

as i said in my previous post i cannot run anything from preloader menu...cannot boot to anything because it gives artifacts and freezes...same happens when i run from sd card from system menu...so how can i re-install system menu and IOS?????? what is the way?? please tell the steps if u can because its kinda confusing...thank you for your reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0