OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I've successfully unbricked a 3DS XL but now the L button is always ON, like if it were pushed down all the time.

I've checked the connector and the flat cable to the switch with a magnifier and both are fine. Also, I've opened another 3DS XL and tried its L button in this faulty console without success.

One thing the I should mention is that the nand mod MAY have short circuited with one of the screws holding the motherboard. The wire was related to the CMD point.

Can this be the culprit of this L button issue? I mean, could some component be short circuited and causing this?

Thanks!

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't know much about the subject, and may sound weird but have you tried to re-flash the nand backup??

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't know much about the subject, and may sound weird but have you tried to re-flash the nand backup??

yup!
I tried it some times.
I had a clue about the CMD line possibly short circuiting with the screw when I plugged the 3DS to the computer and turned it on and no blue screen came in. The computer accused a new drive letter and asked me to format, so I knew it was "seeing" no 3DS nand. I flashed it and paid attention to the wires. I then insulated the wires and when I tried reflashing blue screen came in. But none of the times it worked.
Also I tried going to 7.X without success.

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
have you tried moving any wires you places in also just try make sure you have no pieces of metal shorting anything out on the board

Yup.
I removed everything, cleaned everything again. Inspected the board with a magnifier.
There's nothing I could find with my eyes... So I'm wondering if something was burnt when it POSSIBLY short circuited...

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yup.
I removed everything, cleaned everything again. Inspected the board with a magnifier.
There's nothing I could find with my eyes... So I'm wondering if something was burnt when it POSSIBLY short circuited...

Are you sure was not that way before?? i mean i've read that several users have shoulder buttons problems so maybe it was like that before the brick.

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pretty sure its an issue with the l button hardware itself, your mod most likely didn't break anything.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
only thing i can suggest is triple checking the connector for any stray threads of wire and follow the trace from the connector to see if its bridged further down the line

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you know anything about it? I mean, are there any tests I could run to find the issue?

Call nintendo and ask if them :lol:

Seriously speaking i'm pretty sure there must be a service menu somewhere but as the firmware is soooo close sourced only ninty could use it. So don't think there's a way.

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
only thing i can suggest is triple checking the connector for any stray threads of wire and follow the trace from the connector to see if its bridged further down the line

Well, I'm sure the connector and the button flat cable connector isn't the issue... I even switched the flat cable button with another 3DS I know it's working... no luck!
As for following the trace, there isn't any I can follow... not at last from the "top" of the motherboard...

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Call nintendo and ask if them :lol:

Seriously speaking i'm pretty sure there must be a service menu somewhere but as the firmware is soooo close sourced only ninty could use it. So don't think there's a way.

Ah crap!
This is a unit bought in a different country, so no warranty for it... at least not in my country.
Running out of options :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs