Hardware NAND IOS Install only, how to use if i brick wii

Avalanche21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i recently got a wii a couple days ago not knowing anything about wii i let the update run which took me to 4.2u, i then learned about homebrew and figured i would give it a shot. Installed it with Hackmii installer with no issues, but in the hackmii installer menu when i go to load bootmii it says i can only load a an IOS with no boot2 option, so i did. Made a NAND backup file on my SD card and now im wondering since bootmii doesnt run at startup how would i use the NAND file to restore my wii if i brick it?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
It isn't recommended to restore a NAND backup with BootMii IOS, it will only worsen the situation in most of the cases. Just make sure you have installed Preloader. If you ever brick your console, just boot it up pressing RESET after pressing POWER. Then, load the HBC and execute an app that can helps you unbrick your Wii.

Avalanche21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
It isn't recommended to restore a NAND backup with BootMii IOS, it will only worsen the situation in most of the cases. Just make sure you have installed Preloader. If you ever brick your console, just boot it up pressing RESET after pressing POWER. Then, load the HBC and execute an app that can helps you unbrick your Wii.

Ok ic, so is preloader working with v4.2u and would you happen to know a specific app that would help unbrick?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Avalanche21 said:
PabloACZ said:

Ok ic, so is preloader working with v4.2u and would you happen to know a specific app that would help unbrick?

Preloader is working under any firmware. However, I recommend you to use the v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool by Daco and phpgeek.

masterdeluxe247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
Avalanche21 said:
PabloACZ said:

Preloader is working under any firmware. However, I recommend you to use the v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool by Daco and phpgeek.
Just to note, I had to install v29 and then install v30 over it. It wouldn't work any other way.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
masterdeluxe247 said:
PabloACZ said:
Avalanche21 said:
PabloACZ said:

Just to note, I had to install v29 and then install v30 over it. It wouldn't work any other way.

Yeah, after all it is an updater (I forget that, LOL). Anyway, thanks for correcting me,
smile.gif

masterdeluxe247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
masterdeluxe247 said:
PabloACZ said:
Avalanche21 said:
PabloACZ said:

Yeah, after all it is an updater (I forget that, LOL). Anyway, thanks for correcting me,
smile.gif
Yup, no problem, just didn't want him having the same problems as me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol