NAND IOS Install only, how to use if i brick wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Avalanche21, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Avalanche21
    OP

Newcomer Avalanche21 Newbie

United States
    So i recently got a wii a couple days ago not knowing anything about wii i let the update run which took me to 4.2u, i then learned about homebrew and figured i would give it a shot. Installed it with Hackmii installer with no issues, but in the hackmii installer menu when i go to load bootmii it says i can only load a an IOS with no boot2 option, so i did. Made a NAND backup file on my SD card and now im wondering since bootmii doesnt run at startup how would i use the NAND file to restore my wii if i brick it?

2. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    It isn't recommended to restore a NAND backup with BootMii IOS, it will only worsen the situation in most of the cases. Just make sure you have installed Preloader. If you ever brick your console, just boot it up pressing RESET after pressing POWER. Then, load the HBC and execute an app that can helps you unbrick your Wii.

3. Avalanche21
    OP

Newcomer Avalanche21 Newbie

United States
    Ok ic, so is preloader working with v4.2u and would you happen to know a specific app that would help unbrick?

4. DarkMatterCore

Venezuela
    Preloader is working under any firmware. However, I recommend you to use the v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool by Daco and phpgeek.

5. masterdeluxe247

Newcomer masterdeluxe247 Member

United States
    Just to note, I had to install v29 and then install v30 over it. It wouldn't work any other way.

6. DarkMatterCore

Venezuela
    Yeah, after all it is an updater (I forget that, LOL). Anyway, thanks for correcting me, [​IMG].

7. masterdeluxe247

Newcomer masterdeluxe247 Member

United States
    Yup, no problem, just didn't want him having the same problems as me.