NAND from other 3DS into emuNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Monado_III, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Monado_III
    OP

Monado_III GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2015
    Canada
    /dev/null
    So since I bricked my other 3ds somehow, I was wondering if it is possible to take my NAND backup from my other 3ds that I bricked and inject it into the emuNAND of another 3ds I have (they are both o3ds non-XLs). Is there any other steps I have to take? when I tried this before it didn't boot into emuNAND but I have another backup as well that I could try.

2. Agent Moose

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Just use the emunand tool for which ever OS you have and inject the bricked nand that way. If you mananged to dump a bricked nand, all it will do for you is not load since well...it's bricked, emunand or not.

If you have an old nand backup before you bricked your device, that might work. I'm not to sure if the nands needed to be made on the same console, I'm almost positive that they do need to be though.

3. Monado_III
    OP

Monado_III GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2015
    Canada
    /dev/null
    Yeah, that's what I meant. And if I was able to dump my NAND I'd also probably have a way to re-inject my good NAND backup.

Last edited by Monado_III, Jun 25, 2015
  4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Nands are not interchange between systems so an emunand from one 3ds will not work on another. If you have the xor from the bricked one you may be able to recover some data but otherwise you're sol

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Yeah, only way to do any sort of recovery from a bricked 3ds would be if you had already made xorpads for the nand before you bricked it