NAND flashing questions. I screwed up real bad....

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by YamiZee, Feb 7, 2016.

1. YamiZee
    OP

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    Really really bad... If it was mine I would be bummed but this was a friends of mine... I bricked her 3ds trying to downgrade it from 9.4 to 9.2. I used a guide which is why this sucks so much. The guide had no mention of needing to be in rxtools devmode.

I thought I had backed up her nand but I guess not. The 3ds only shows a black screen, but pressing home button makes the turn off screen with the power off button show up. Also I'm able to access the recovery menu but it gives an error when trying to update.

Is it possible to fix it a bricked 3ds with a backed up emunand? I dont have the sysnand backed up.

Also if I do magically find the backup (i wont) then how much would it cost to have someone flash it for me?

2. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    What's the error it gives when you try to update?

3. TheToaster

TheToaster Warrior of the Toast

Aug 11, 2015
    United States
    USA
    No, unfortunately it is not possible unless you have a backed up NAND. If you do have a NAND dump available, you can flash it back with a hardmod (simple) and win32diskimager. You don't have emuNAND unless you are on version 9.2 or below. May I ask how exactly you backed up your NAND?

Also,what error are you exactly getting when trying to update in recovery mode?

Last edited by TheToaster, Feb 7, 2016
  4. Woody8275

Woody8275 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2013
    any nand backup from the console is fine emunand or sysnand provided its from the console you want to flash it to

Last edited by Woody8275, Feb 7, 2016