Hacking nand flashing and xavbox driver issue

skudave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following DeadlyFoez's tutorial for NAND flashing, but am running into problems. I've installed the infectus drivers to work with the xavbox software, but wasn't able to get the NAND (hynix) to identify unless i started the wii without grounding out D0 to halt hollywood. The tutorial says to re-install the original infectus drivers, but windows won't let me. It always asks for libusb0.sys which is in with the xavbox folder ? I don't know what to do now
frown.gif

skudave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well everything worked out in the end. I was attempting another flash as I posted - and it worked ! I tried too many things between not even a fan spinning and fully working - but best I can figure is I simply needed to remove the wifi and blutooth modules for the system to halt and allow NAND access.

And by the way, to fix the driver thing one must only select the option under the specify location box in update driver from manager. ** Note: this was NOT required to successfully flash !! **

So happy to have this wii unbricked ! End of a three day nightmare I tell you. What an interesting intro to the scene
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: wait...my gbatemp acc is almost 10 yrs old lmao