Nand/EmuNand Channels Disappeared! (USB Loader GX)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Elliander, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Tonight after playing around with getting gamecube games to work I went into the "Emunand" category and gave it a few moments to load as it usually isn't immediate, but nothing showed up at all after a while. I then took a look at the "Nand" channels and they were gone too! Well obviously my "Nand" can't be gone because they are on the Wii itself and those work just fine outside of USB Loader GX, so why is the list missing?

This issue began after installing "Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker" for PAL which is also "missing" despite the fact that the Wii tells me it is installed.

And yes, I have been able to play and install both Wii Ware and Gamecube games without problem before this. I tried turning it off and on. I also tried playing something else and trying again. I even checked to make sure the Emunand folders are still there (which they are) even though it's an issue viewing any Nand through USB Loader GX.

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Maybe you enabled a category filtering by mistake?
    (the desk icon in the top menu)

Check the "All" item at the top with a check sign (not a cross sign) to enable all games to be displayed.
    Could be because you locked the loader too (the icon next to the disc at the top right), if you lock the loader it's hiding games based on parental level.

How could the Wii tell you the WindWaker is installed? it's a gamecube game it can't be installed on Wii.

In last resort, you could delete the GXGlobal.cfg in the loader's folder to reset all settings.
    But before doing that, it would be nice to find the problem in case it happens again.

3. Elliander
    OP

United States
    That's the first thing I thought it could be, and checked. That's not the problem. Besides, if that was the issue neither the Gamecube nor Wii games would show up either. Also, I never bother with parental settings, but if that was the case it wouldn't have removed *ALL* of the nand channels too. For example, the "USB Loader" channel usually shows up under nand (I know, it's weird) which shouldn't have a parental setting at all, but of course there are no channels showing up at all.

Um... yes, gamecube games can be installed on the Wii. I am using USB Loader GX 3.0 revision 1208 (latest) along with the latest DIOS MIOS. That allows me to play Gamecube Games on the Wii. Aside from a few problems I am having it works.

Of course I want to find out too. Things like this shouldn't just randomly happen.

4. Cyan

France
    it's not weird that the USBLoaderGX channels displays on NAND sources, we just didn't add a filter to hide it. It's displaying all found channels except very few exception (like duplicated channels, or hidden channels).

How do you install a GameCube Game on Wii?
    Where do you see that the Wii tell you which games are installed?
    You talk about the console or the USBloaderGX?

Let's resume.
    Everything worked fine, then after ripping Zelda to your HDD using the USBLoaderGX install menu, the loader doesn't display NAND or GameCube anymore when you select them in the Origin/Source menu.
    The gamecube path is still SD and usb1:/games/
    The NAND path is SD or usb1:/nand/

Your HDD is not corrupted? it works fine on your computer and with other homebrew? (WiiXplorer, or WiiFlow, or DMBooter to test DIOS MIOS)

Could you try to move your config files to make a clean new setup? (pack them in a zip and send them to me if deleting the files fix your problem, and I'll take a look)

5. Elliander
    OP

United States
    I installed the games by putting the Gamecube disc into the disc drive and install it to the USB Hard Drive exactly the same way I would install a Wii game. Also, in 2 cases I installed by using "Gamecube ISO Compress" to create the folder structure (too scratched up so used backup ISO) and then copied them to the hard drive in the usb1:/games folder.

The message comes up when the disc is in the drive and I click to install the inserted game.

I am talking about USB Loader GX. I have absolutely no problems playing disc games.

Correction: After ripping Zelda to my HDD the loader wouldn't display the Zelda game (all the other gamecube games displayed and loaded correctly) and I played a few of those games testing them out. Afterwards the loader didn't display NAND or EmuNAND, but did correctly display Wii and Gamecube games.

Today it's worse though: Now the Gamecube games don't display either.

The drive is definitely not corrupt. I have no problems connecting it to my computer and viewing the files. I just now went in and deleted the Zelda folder to see if that fixes anything, though I doubt it would. When you say clean setup do you mean you want me to backup the entire USB Loader GX folder and completely reinstall it? Or just remove the configuration files?

6. Elliander
    OP

United States
    It all works again! When I removed two files - GXGlobal.cfg , TitlesCache.bin (from SD :/apps/usbloader_gx) - and loaded it up again everything was back. I had to reconfigure everything, but that was no trouble at all. Attached are the two files so someone can see what caused the problem to begin with.

I'm sorry, I should have removed one at a time to be sure which one it was. I removed the cache file because it seemed like the kind of file which would handle what items are displayed and since the issue was related to things showing up it made sense.

Anyway, since this happened after I installed "Zelda the wind waker for PAL" (my only PAL gamecube disc) I am installing it again to see if the problem comes back. If it does I will say so. If it doesn't I would really like to know what caused the problem to begin with.

EDIT:

Good news! When I installed Zelda again there were no problems. It showed up just fine, and the game loaded up just fine. Of course, that means something else was the problem.

Attached Files:

7. tswntk

Member tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    I would run chkdsk on the HDD and SD.
    Your PC can read them doesn't mean they are in perfect conditions. Windows is much more tolerance to FAT and NTSC than Wii.

Since you have the old files backed up, you can swap them back one by one to see which one gives you the problem and then make a side by side comparison.

8. Cyan

France
    You said the Wii told you it was installed, I wondered how "outside of the loader, on the system menu itself" it was possible to tell you it's correctly installed.

The global.cfg is fine, so it's probably caused by the cache file.
    Though, I don't understand why the cache would prevent game display. It's used to store the game ID/GameName to speed to loading process.
    If the game name was wrong it would display it wrong in the loader, but shouldn't stop. Maybe there's a problem in the cache parser.

I've checked the cache file, there's no Wind Waker data inside.
    I'll have to parse it manually to check what's wrong.
    Thanks for the file.

9. Elliander
    OP

United States
    No problem, and thanks for the suggestion on removing files.

I think I might have an idea about what may have gone wrong: When I updated USB Loader GX to 3.0 and installed the latest version of DIOS MIOS I actually already has "Wind Waker" on the SD card. In fact, it was the only game I had on the SD card because it was what I attempted to test the earliest beta with. I never was able to get that to work so just left it on the card.That file I installed by using cleanrip on the wii to extract an ISO and then used DiscEX.

So anyway, when I got this latest version installed the "Wind Waker" title was there, but didn't work. Since other titles worked when I installed directly on the Wii I decided to delete the old "Wind Waker" folder and install fresh. (this time to the USB drive instead of SD) It was when I installed fresh that the problems started. I would assume that since it was deleted it would have been removed from the cache, and then just didn't get added onto it when installed again and maybe the reason that it could tell that it was already installed when trying again was because the folder it would have had to create was there.

My guess is that either there was a problem with either:

A.) If I add a file manually, delete it, and try to install directly a problem comes up.
    or
    B.) Something about the folder having been present already before being updated somehow caused a problem.

Anyway, that's just how I am reasoning it. It's all that would seem to make sense. Of course, it could just be a coincidence that it all started after that.

10. Bennett

Newcomer Bennett Newbie

United States
    just to clarify. the fix is not removing titlescache.bin but by removing the GXGlobal.cfg file.
    I had the same problem and came across this thread.

11. Cyan

France
    the global config?
    Did you kept the previous and not working .cfg? I would like to check what you hide channels

Would you know which setting in the config file made games disappear ?