NAND Emulation with WBFS-Support and GC/Wii-Backup loading - old Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Seelbreaker, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Seelbreaker
    OP

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Hey there, i wanted to ask this at the newbie section but i think i have atleast 3 Questions, that's why i decided to open a new Post. I also wasn't sure if this belongs to the Backup Loader section because the first thing which i need to know, is which NAND Emulator i should use/choose.

I have an old Wii (LEH1160x) which i bought around a half or 1 year after the relase. So i have bootmi as boot 2 installed and cIOS and everything (i really don't know what i have done with my Wii over the years...)

Yesterday i tried the emulated NAND (sorg version) with this tutorial:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/emulate-a-wii-nand-to-keep-your-wii-clean.291814/

I can start the NAND from the USB-HDD. I have an primary NTFS-Partition where my WII-Backups are in an WBFS-Folder and another NTFS-Partition for the GC-Backups which i currently "install" with DMToolbox in RAW-Format.

My Final goal is it, to get an emulated NAND running where i can play my Wii and GC-Backups without doing anything to my real NAND. The Backups have to be loaded from the HDD.

So here are my questions:
    1. There are so many words for NAND Emulator: SNEEK, UNEEK, NEEK?, "NAND Emulator"
    i understand that SNEEK and Uneek may be different, but is it the same with sorg's NAND Emulator?

2. I've used "NAND Emulator" because i have read that it is the best for the old Wiis. Does it support my HDD-build? (WII-Backups in one NTFS-Partition in the WBFS-Folder as WBFS-Files) and GC-Backups on another NTFS Partitionin directly in the Root as RAW-Format (well RAW-Format is that what is opted in the DMToolbox).

3. What would be the best solution to reach my goal?

Thank you in advance for taking your time! Since 3 days i was working on this till 2 am, but now i think i need your help or else i'm going crazy :wacko:

Regards
    Seelbreaker

2. starwarsfan541

starwarsfan541 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2012
    United States
    If you only want to use it with an HDD, try UNEEK+di.

Download mod-mii and follow the instructions and then boot into uneek via the channel they give you.

3. Seelbreaker
    OP

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Well i did that but it seems like nothing worked? I can start the ploader and there i could start another homebrews etc. but it doesn't seems like it started the virtual nand... Also when i started from the ploader a Wii-Game it started instead the inserted Wii-Disc... And it also won't find Gamecube Games which are in the root of my NTFS Partition.

4. megazig

megazig SU

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    gamecube doesn't work from ntfs

5. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    devo and DM(L) only read FAT
    aditionally DM(L) only uses the first partition, not sure about devo