dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been away from the Wii scene for a while but recently got back into it because my WBFS partition decided to spontaneously corrupt ~half my games lol. Anyways, after repartitioning my drive as FAT32 and re-ripping my games, I decided to play around with VC games. I currently have been using TriiForce MRC and cIOS d2x v7final, and HOLY !&%# the compatibility is bad! Almost every N64 VC game I tried to boot up (emuNAND is on my FAT32 HDD) froze after the "you need a classic controller" screen.

I remember waaaaaay back everyone was using Waninkoko's cIOS rev17 to use emulated NAND with WiiWare, but I thought d2x fixed all that stuff?

So what I'm really trying to ask is what I should do play my precious N64 VC? Will updating/switching any of my stuff help? (i.e. Switching from TriiForce MRC --> Mighty Channels, updating to d2x v8/v9beta, etc.) Or is the only hope installing the bad games to my real NAND? :/

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would actually like to know the same thing.
I hardly ever use Nand Emulation anymore (To load my hundreds of vc and wiiware off my hard drive where my nand is) but it would be nice to know a loader that supports 4kb sector drives.
I use USBLoaderGX for nand emulation for rockband 2 songs and that works well.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hi, I'm currently running uneek2o+DI created with modmii. Can you elaborate a bit more on pln2o on usb?

no it requires a uneek nand renamed pln2o on usb.
if you don't have it you can use normal or apploader methods
This can do the trick rename /nands/nandname to nands/pln2o this should go to usb root, if you didn't install postloader forwarder on this nand then do so, also install neek2o channel. And have postloader + nandbooter on sd or usb
Launch this nand with neek2o channel and launch postloader then go to advanced settings and install neekbooter. Exit everything and launch Pl from real nand.
Go to wiiware and press b on the game you want to play, choose neek2o as boot method, voila... When you exit you will return to system menu on real nand.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
POSTLOADER supports wii,gc and VC and WiiWare all in one program. Download the app and just put it on your sd card. Also install the priibootergui.dol in priiloaderso you can always autoboot with it when you turn on your wii.

If you prefer emulating your nand there a new thing called neek2o which you can set up in modmii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs