Hacking NAND dump without soldering

D

Deleted User

Hi!
I rrreeeaaalllyyy don't want to solder sh1t to my Wii U, but I rrreeeaaalllyyy need a dump of my NAND.
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks
Why do you want a NAND backup of your Wii U when there's not really a reason to back it up at this moment in time?

D

Deleted User

Wii it was sooo easy
And there's a massive reason. The Wii's security was just so poor, and Nintendo simply had to really nail down hard on their security for the Wi U, so nothing like that could happen again. It goes for all next-gen console projects; just learn from the mistakes you made the last generation.

Last edited by ,

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The NAND can possibly be dumped by using pogo pins, but I wouldn't attempt it. The best way to do it is to remove the NAND and dump it with an infectus or a teensy. The eMMC can not be removed from the mobo, but it can be dumped with the shitty SD hack job, or via a teensy.

And yes, there is certainly a good reason to dump the NAND and eMMC now, especially before fucking with any homebrew at all.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
you need a teensy , ace soldering skill, think soldering two points 0.5mm apart and your almost there skill wise, if you have managed a nand dump on ps3 using a teensy and done the 40 odd soldering points with perfect continuity then you can probably do this, then some decent dumping software (tip: theres something that works for this for the ps3 that will also work for wii u). What you actually do with the corrupted nand dump after to unbrick will also take a high programming skill level...Good luck!!

Last edited by davetheshrew,
D

Deleted User

you need a teensy , ace soldering skill, think soldering two points 0.5mm apart and your almost there skill wise, if you have managed a nand dump on ps3 using a teensy and done the 40 odd soldering points with perfect continuity then you can probably do this, then some decent dumping software (tip: theres something that works for this for the ps3 that will also work for wii u). What you actually do with the nand dump after to unbrick will also take a high programming skill level...Good luck!!
Do you recommend Teensy 2.0 for something like this, and also a PS3?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You got it. :D nvm this thread, but on the Wii it was sooo easy
And+this+guy+_1893643e0d5edd3714fc680f2d03c394.png

D

Deleted User

Teensy 2.0 and infectus, yup. For ps3 NAND consoles ended with CHECHC03 I think, cant remember, after this pretty much everyone got a NOR dumper like E3 flasher
Awesome! I may try to get my hands on one of those, then! ^_^

hugofestA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
oddity.comxa.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Awesome! I may try to get my hands on one of those, then! ^_^
I don't want to buy chips, this is why I going to use the SD card stuff. From 1 to 10, what level of soldering skill you need for the SD hack???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And there's a massive reason. The Wii's security was just so poor, and Nintendo simply had to really nail down hard on their security for the Wi U, so nothing like that could happen again. It goes for all next-gen console projects; just learn from the mistakes you made the last generation.
I emailed smea earlier today, and he said he knows a software dumper, but it's not public

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think I will use the SD hack job that DeadlyFoez suggested, it's the most easy and cheap way(I think) + I have the half of the stuff that's needed
Thanks for everyone
I'm 99% sure you need a dump of BOTH the NAND and the eMMC to have any hope of restoring a bricked Wii U. The SD hack job alone will give you part of a dump, but not enough to restore from a brick, as the NAND and eMMC are tied together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou