Hacking NAND dump on Black N3DS XL 9.0U is 1.2MB?

hsdubb19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant 1.2 GB on the title. I do not know how to edit thread titles.

It is 1,269,760 KB.

I just did a NAND dump on the N3DS

Does this look like a proper dump?

I want to format emuNAND but I want to make sure the NAND dump was successful by comparing file sizes with other peoples nand dump

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant 1.2 GB on the title. I do not know how to edit thread titles.

It is 1,269,760 KB.

I just did a NAND dump on the N3DS

Does this look like a proper dump?

I want to format emuNAND but I want to make sure the NAND dump was successful by comparing file sizes with other peoples nand dump

mine was almost 2GB... around 1.89 i think.

Also, mine is pretty much pristine.. 9.0.0 U, no downloads, only played a little bit of retail cart Majora's Mask (2 hours) and link between worlds (just got the ability to flatten against walls).. in case that matters.

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea it was 1.84GB. It is literally double of the OG I believe.

Wooow. Sorry triple post. Lol thing said invalid gateway 504, and just this popped up like this

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH, never mind.. upon closer investigation, I forgot Nintendo uses two NAND flash manufacturers for these machines, and apparently, they're actually different sizes, which is kind of odd, but I guess for the sake of expediency, they didn't make uniformity a priority. i think it's usually been Toshiba and ... actually i can't remember the other one, but i think one NAND manufacturer was Toshiba. so apparently with these units, it's either 1.9GB or 1.2GB, depending on manufacturer. not exactly those capacities but you get my point.. someone mentioned this same phenomena in the thread about NN3DS NAND dumps linked to a few posts up.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
OH, never mind.. upon closer investigation, I forgot Nintendo uses two NAND flash manufacturers for these machines, and apparently, they're actually different sizes, which is kind of odd, but I guess for the sake of expediency, they didn't make uniformity a priority. i think it's usually been Toshiba and ... actually i can't remember the other one, but i think one NAND manufacturer was Toshiba. so apparently with these units, it's either 1.9GB or 1.2GB, depending on manufacturer. not exactly those capacities but you get my point.. someone mentioned this same phenomena in the thread about NN3DS NAND dumps linked to a few posts up.

sure, even for 'old' 3ds, there is toshiba and samsung nand chips, slightly different nand dump sizes, no problem

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
sure, even for 'old' 3ds, there is toshiba and samsung nand chips, slightly different nand dump sizes, no problem

slightly off-topic, but is the samsung dump smaller?

I notice their sd cards usually format smaller than competitors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a