Hacking Nand clone

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to take a dump of my NAND and put it onto my little cousing wii, I have a good modded setup and everything works perfect, I am going to mod her but theres nothing to say that everything will work for her the way it did for me, but if I could just load my nand on to her wii, could it be done, I understand we could then not play games online.

But curious to know if this is possible.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm,

With a BootMii NAND dump, the keys are included.

So, you should be able to just put it on any Wii again.

But there is only one dangerous thing about it:
If you have a NAND dump with BootMii as Boot2 , and you are gonna install it on a LU64+ Wii, that nand dump will also install the BootMii as Boot2 (Since is was in that NAND dump.) which will mostly likely cause a brick.
wink.gif

sirakain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nah, the dump is encrypted with your own wii's keys, so putting it in another Wii will make it unreadable (since the keys aren't the same)
Also, the last bytes of a Bootmii DUMp contains the keys of the wii, and it checks if they are the same of the wii you're trying to install the dump. If they're not the same, it won't install.
You're gonna say : "But if We edit those keys, it's ok, no?" and the answer is No ! the dump is still encrypted with your own wii's keys.
Taken from Bootmii.org.

Notice that if you are an experienced hacker like Bushing, you could make a dump for any wii, but he'll do it for 10$.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easy enough to do without bushing...... Not to discredit his abilities...... All you need to do is decrypt the nand dump and then encrypt it with your system keys....... once thats done you can simply flash it to your nand chip with the installer..... It's really a pain in the ass to do though........

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
It's easy enough to do without bushing...... Not to discredit his abilities...... All you need to do is decrypt the nand dump and then encrypt it with your system keys....... once thats done you can simply flash it to your nand chip with the installer..... It's really a pain in the ass to do though........

Mind teaching me how?? I have a better than 60 IQ lmao. I have too much experience teaching stuff to people like that lol.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hells Guardian said:

So which is it, easy enough to do or a pain in the ass to do?

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Hells Guardian said:

So which is it, easy enough to do or a pain in the ass to do?

Both I am pretty sure. Taks a long ass time but its pretty easy.

Gino_Drago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess, it is impossible for NAND dumps to work on other Wiis,
just remember that yours might have different Bad memory markers at different addresses,
and you might end trying to put data at BAD Addresses and that would make an unestable NAND ad the end.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This either can be done or it cant, you cant say on one hand it cant be done but on the other say but if you change the keys it can, can this be done if the keys are change to match the new system? and if so how do I change the keys?

I didn't think for one minute it would be just a case of applying the nand from one system to another, I knew about the keys, i should have asked the question properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.