Hacking nand/bootmii question

whoizdib

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bootmii .2 installed on my boot2.

My question is can nintendo release a firmware that will somehow make backing up or restoring the NAND different, therefore needing a new version of bootmii?

For example lets say I want to upgrade(sometime in the future) to firmware 5.0U, but one of the conflicts is that bootmii can longer be used as it should normally. Is this possible?

I guess the big question is, can bootmii work no matter what nintendo does to the firmware?

Thanks.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't be, but you never know. Nintendo thought it was impossible to hack their Wii, but look at it now. Even if we thought it was impossible to break BootMii, it can always be possible. The best option is to always check what the ill effects will be before updating.

And if anything bad comes from the update, wait for a patched updater to be released to ensure you don't get any of those ill effects.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much no.

It would assume its possible for nintendo to release an update that would could uninstall bootmii, but I don't think that will happen and besides you could probably just do a custom update.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
whoizdib said:
I have bootmii .2 installed on my boot2.

My question is can nintendo release a firmware that will somehow make backing up or restoring the NAND different, therefore needing a new version of bootmii?

For example lets say I want to upgrade(sometime in the future) to firmware 5.0U, but one of the conflicts is that bootmii can longer be used as it should normally. Is this possible?

I guess the big question is, can bootmii work no matter what nintendo does to the firmware?

Thanks.

Im fairly sure that unless Nintendo changes the actual Hardware in a wii what your saying will never be possible or somehow changes the nand on all wii's which unless they get there hands on them physically which is not gonna happen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."