Hardware NAND.bin to sysNAND

ander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This may sound stupid, but is there a way to restore NAND.bin into sysNAND? I prefer having a fresh emuNAND and my old sysNAND rather than the opposite. Thanks.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, you can flash it back with Decrypt9 or Gateway Launcher.

... But can I ask why? Your content on SysNAND won't be able to let you online unless you update your system, which is possible on EmuNAND. If you updated SysNAND, you'd lose all your hacks.

ander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, it's a bit strange lol. The fact is that I prefer having my not-online things where they can't be damaged from updates or emuNAND errors (I mean things like demos, VC games and GBA games) and all the other online stuff in my emuNAND, where I can do what I want with everything. If something goes wrong, I can always clone sys to emu. Am I wrong? :P

And, apart all this, if I inject NAND.bin to emuNAND I can't then update it lol. I have posted a related thread... Strange things, really.

However, how can I flash it with Decrypt9? Where do I need to put NAND.bin, and what do I need to select in Decrypt9 menu?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can actually back up your save files with SaveDataFiler if anything were to happen, but Nintendo can't really tell if you're in EmuNAND or not. Your games are also in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, so you can always just back that up and your EmuNAND.bin if you're worried about the risks.

If you leave stuff on SysNAND, it might be more difficult to manage everything, but I don't think it would hurt if you did that. It feels a bit counter-intuitive to me, but do what you need to.

I haven't really tried with Decrypt9, but it's probably in the readme. I know that having "NAND.bin" on root and pressing A while holding Up on "Downgrade Console" in the Gateway Menu will do it.

ander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I have restored everything! Thanks a lot!!!

However, I don't know how SaveDataFiler works... Is there a guide for it? I've never used it, so I am pretty noob lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there