Hacking NAND bad crypto

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I've got a switch stuck at boot logo, I have tried everything you can possibly imagine to revive it but everything fails. I've found a software called NxNandManager, I've mounted my rawNAND with TegraRCM and opened with this program, I put the keys and got a couple of messages (see image). Says BAD CRYPTO! and KEYSET NEEDED. Did someone know how to fix this? My keys works fine on HacDiskMount.
nxnandmanager.png

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup Switch Nand as it is,
Backup Biskeys with Lockpick RCM or Biskeydump payload

Rebuild NAND image with Choidujour.exe in command prompt
fw 5.1.0

Use memloader payload and Mount boot and emmc

Transfer Boot 0/1 With Etcher
Restore choidujour output files into hacdiskmount,
add and test and save biskeys for Prod,Safe,System,user

Boot with the hekate provided FS patch and .ini on your sd card...

Or

Rebuild with choidujour.exe FW 5.1.0 send to NXnand manager
add correct biskeys
Save restore/

So i think you should make a new nand image of 5.1.0 encrypt with the consoles biskeys and restore to console, boot with hekate..

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

fw 5.1.0

Or

add correct biskeys
Save restore/

So i think you should make a new nand image of 5.1.0 encrypt with the consoles biskeys and restore to console, boot with hekate..
I think I haven't tried that FW version, I will do it.

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

fw 5.1.0

Or

add correct biskeys
Save restore/

In case someone still reads this thread
Act:
I've found a NAND and boot0/1 backup that I made when all this begin, the switch was already stuck on bootloop when I made it so it won't boot but at least my nand was ok (no more bad crypto message on nxnandmanager), then I got fresh keys with biskeydump, made a 5.1.0 FW with choidujour and apply it with etcher and hacdiskmount (at this moment I checked every key in hacdiskmount and all were fine) , once I finished checked again on nxnandmanager and again says bad crypto, keys needed. Anyways a paste kip1 and .ini on sd and tried to boot but again, stuck at Nintendo Switch logo.

Any ideas?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Question. Can this problem be fixed by replacing the emmc memory chip? It looks like a corrupted emmc to me. I've saw a few ones on ebay, but wanted to know before.

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got a switch stuck at boot logo, I have tried everything you can possibly imagine to revive it but everything fails. I've found a software called NxNandManager, I've mounted my rawNAND with TegraRCM and opened with this program, I put the keys and got a couple of messages (see image). Says BAD CRYPTO! and KEYSET NEEDED. Did someone know how to fix this? My keys works fine on HacDiskMount.
NxNandManager displays "BAD CRYPTO" instead of device id when it cannot decrypt CAL0 (PRODINFO) using biskey0 => https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandMan...7f51c44/NxNandManager/gui/mainwindow.cpp#L573.
Do you have a backup of PRODINFO that you can restore ?
Did you use tools that write on CAL0 such as Incognito ?
Are you sure you can decrypt PRODINFO using biskey0 via HacDiskMount (once PRODINFO is dumped, open it with HxD. First four bytes should be "CAL0")?

Reactions: Canna

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
NxNandManager displays "BAD CRYPTO" instead of device id when it cannot decrypt CAL0 (PRODINFO) using biskey0 => https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandMan...7f51c44/NxNandManager/gui/mainwindow.cpp#L573.
Are you sure you can decrypt PRODINFO using biskey0 via HacDiskMount (once PRODINFO is dumped, open it with HxD. First four bytes should be "CAL0")?
I'll check that when I get back to home, thanks for the info.

DripZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
1. No, sadly I have no prodinfo backups of this switch. the only backup that I have is an already damaged rawnand and boot0/1 that I made before touching anything
2. No, I haven't use incognito
3. Yes, that's what HacDiskMount says (check img)
Add: If I restore to the already damage rawnand backup that I have Nxnandmanager doesn't pop any message, everything looks OK, but when I try to boot up the switch stucks on SWITCH logo.

So the problem must be on prodinfo? is there any way to fix that without a backup?

Thank you so much for your help :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Forgot to attach img
Same keys, one says OK, the other one says BAD CRYPTO! :)
Anotación 2019-11-20 070629.png

Last edited by DripZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?