Hacking Question nand backup

Phoenixrite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Have sx os dunno how to backup nand? Is there a easy way to do it like a homebrew app that can be installed in sx os and just run? Thanks.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to backup your nand is by using hekate, it's an RCM payload so you just run it the same way you run the SX OS payload (if you have the SX pro there's also a way to run it with that) then after launching it you go into Tools then into Backup then select "backup emmc boot0/1" then once that finishes select "backup emmc RAW GPU" once that finishes turn off your Switch, put the SD card into your computer, and copy the "backup" folder to your computer

Hekate can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/

Ja7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it matter if you make a nand backup after using SX OS? i.e is any trace left. Also once the Nand is backed up if I want to update without burning effuses using ChoiDujourNX and sx os renders the game cart slot useless, is this also the case with the easier update method (entering into rcm right before boot)? and is this recoverable atall. Thanks for any help

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Does it matter if you make a nand backup after using SX OS? i.e is any trace left. Also once the Nand is backed up if I want to update without burning effuses using ChoiDujourNX and sx os renders the game cart slot useless, is this also the case with the easier update method (entering into rcm right before boot)? and is this recoverable atall. Thanks for any help

It does if you accidentally manage to brick it using badly written homebrew or malicious code, yes.

Reactions: Ja7

Ja7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does if you accidentally manage to brick it using badly written homebrew or malicious code, yes.

Only be loading up SX OS to immediately make a nand backup so I'd imagine bricking would be unlikely in first instance- but would the backed up nand show traces of SXOS on it ?. How would be best to make a nand backup alternativley? I have the usb-c cable that comes with SXOS but aren't the cheap cables supposed to be dangerous for bricking

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Only be loading up SX OS to immediately make a nand backup so I'd imagine bricking would be unlikely in first instance- but would the backed up nand show traces of SXOS on it ?. How would be best to make a nand backup alternativley? I have the usb-c cable that comes with SXOS but aren't the cheap cables supposed to be dangerous for bricking

You can't make a nand backup through SXOS.

Ja7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! So if I follow this guide but use the sx pro dongle to inject is it still considered a virgin-nand?

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! So if I follow this guide but use the sx pro dongle to inject is it still considered a virgin-nand?
Its only a virgin nand if you have not done anything to the device before the guide, if you have then still make a backup..
I have named it Virgin nand, hence the meaning Untouched maybe it will catch on :)

Always make a backup regardless if you hacked or have not it may save your ass in the future

Injection method does not matter.
But personally i would use a usb c cable to pc and run tegra, that way you can charge a little also

Last edited by Canna,

Ja7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its only a virgin nand if you have not done anything to the device before the guide, if you have then still make a backup..
I have named it Virgin nand, hence the meaning Untouched maybe it will catch on :)

Always make a backup regardless if you hacked or have not it may save your ass in the future

Injection method does not matter.
But personally i would use a usb c cable to pc and run tegra, that way you can charge a little also

Thanks for the help and the guide! Ill try it out

Reactions: Canna

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone