Shadowxp13

*don't have anything to put here*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, i'm in 10.7U in a N3DS XL.
I have Fieldrunners with the fieldhax installed (just in case that something goes wrong). dgTool was planned only for 11.0 iirc. Can i use that to make a backup of my nand without it being corrupted or something?
Edit: Screwed the title, sorry.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i'm in 10.7U in a N3DS XL.
I have Fieldrunners with the fieldhax installed (just in case that something goes wrong). dgTool was planned only for 11.0 iirc. Can i use that to make a backup of my nand without it being corrupted or something?
Edit: Screwed the title, sorry.

You don't have enough permissions on 10.7 to make a nand backup. You're going to have to downgrade first.

Shadowxp13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by x65943,

Shadowxp13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And to clarify this, i know that we dont have an arm9 kexploit in 10.7, but i'm talking about that dsiware exploit, the same people used to downgrade with a system transfer

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
You can backup with dgtool it will be a perfectly working backup, it's not really necessary thought but yes the backup is perfectly usable

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to clarify this, i know that we dont have an arm9 kexploit in 10.7, but i'm talking about that dsiware exploit, the same people used to downgrade with a system transfer

So how are you running dgtool? Are you running it with a compatible dsi game?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was asking this because after two tries, i've got two nand backups with different hashes.

It's not very likely to brick during downgrade. I would advise you to just downgrade.

Edit: sorry, I misread the game.

Shadowxp13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can backup with dgtool it will be a perfectly working backup, it's not really necessary thought but yes the backup is perfectly usable

Oh, that is what i need. I want to do that backup because if anything goes wrong (like me updating accidentaly)

Shadowxp13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's recommended to do it until you get 2-3 backups with the same hash, those are guaranteed to be good

Actually, my two backups were at the size of a samsung new 3ds nand ( 1.300.234.240 bytes ) but they have different hashes, i think i'm not lucky now [emoji14]

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, my two backups were at the size of a samsung new 3ds nand ( 1.300.234.240 bytes ) but they have different hashes, i think i'm not lucky now [emoji14]
It's normal, sometimes the backup tool misses a file, it doesn't backup recursively so that would make it pretty common to happen. Just keep backing up until you get two backups with the same hash, these cannot be a fluke since for the hash to be the same it has to contain the exact same files

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I haven't Done a dsi downgrade, but unless it does 2 dumps directly after each other without a reboot then you won't ever get a matching hash, the odds of getting a bad dump are insanely small, the only cases where I would say it warrants multiple dumps is for people who are new to soldering and have done a hardmod

Shadowxp13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I haven't Done a dsi downgrade, but unless it does 2 dumps directly after each other without a reboot then you won't ever get a matching hash, the odds of getting a bad dump are insanely small, the only cases where I would say it warrants multiple dumps is for people who are new to soldering and have done a hardmod
I need to reboot anyway, because of sd space (30gb used from 32gb) and it'll overwrite each other, so that's not the case. Thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1