Homebrew Question NAND Backup Question

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
NAND Backup.

I hacked my switch on July 1st, the first thing I did was do a NAND backup. I had a file of 30GB.

Now I read that every time you update your switch through the official firmware, your previous NAND backup becomes useless cause of the burnt fuses.

Right now I'm on the latest firmware and running SX OS.

I'm assuming I should do another fresh NAND backup, at 6.1. Has the process changed at all to do a NAND backup, or is the same as before, using Hekate? I'll be using YouTube to help me out.

Also, doing the NAND backup, is it safe? Specially since I already ran CFW before on my Switch? Also, how do I do the boot0 and boot1 backup?

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you still should dump your nand backup through Hetake, since it also validates it.

Your old backup isn't necessarily useless. You could still restore it and then boot it through a custom bootloader like Hetake. You just cannot boot it with the original Nintendo bootloader, as that one checks for fuses. This assumes, that you also dumped boot0 and boot1 with your old backup. Otherwise you won't be able to boot it at all, since one of the two files was version specific, IIRC.

So yes, it would be a good move to backup your current nand. You can also backup your boot0 and boot1 in Hetake. The two options are in the same menu as the nand backup option.

Last edited by Taorn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...