Homebrew NAND Backup from A9LH and B9S

starburst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is a New 3DS running firmware 11.0.0-33U, originally hacked using arm9LoaderHax and Luma 6.6, and about two weeks ago the hack was upgraded to boot9strap and Luma 7.1.
Everything is running great but I have a doubt about the new NAND backup files.

Following 3DS.guide during the hacking process using A9LH, a NAND backup was created, and two files were to be safely stored: serial-numer.bin and opt.bin. This original backup was already used for a successful NAND restoration (to remedy some system crashes) long before moving to B9S.

According to the new version of the 3DS.guide, now the NAND backup during the hacking process using B9S creates two files: nand.bin and the hash nand.bin.sha. Do I need to generate a corresponding nand.bin.sha hash of my original backup? Is this hash necessary for eventual NAND restorations in the future?

starburst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
the sha is to verify that the NAND is complete and intact.
I know. What I do not know is whether the new restoration process requires a specific cryptographic firm to complete a NAND restoration, for no hash was generated back when the original backup was created during the hacking through arm9LoaderHax.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that I don't know. I never thought of that. you're right in that a sha wasn't created in early firmware dumps. u can usually tell where the dump was made by the name of it and whether it has a sha.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I know. What I do not know is whether the new restoration process requires a specific cryptographic firm to complete a NAND restoration, for no hash was generated back when the original backup was created during the hacking through arm9LoaderHax.
You're fine - if no sha is present it just won't do those checks. Just hope that the file doesn't get corrupted or anything.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: