Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As you could've already guessed, Nanashi no Game is a Japanese survival horror game by Square-Enix. It's not localized (yet) and soon there'll be a sequel.

Okay, let me start with the controls. You hold your DS like a book (like in Ninja Gaiden and some others). You press Right on the control pad to move forward, Up and Down to turn Left/ Right and Left to move backwards. When you hold your stylus in the middle of the screen/ left of the screen/ right of the screen your character will also move respectively forward/left/right. When you do both simultaneously (hold a button and press the touch screen) you'll move quicker. You can also look up/ down by pressing the screen at the top or at the bottom respectively. These controls might seem a bit awkward at first (and they are), but it's only a matter of time before you get used to them. There's also a 'cursed' 8-bit RPG in the game, which controls like any standard RPG.
The graphics are very good (as expected by Squenix, of course) and this definitely adds up to the experience.
There's close to NO music in the game, and the few bits of music that are in the game are very good. Again, it all adds up to the experience.
On to the gameplay. Well, after playing the first few chapters I'm even scared of walking around corners now, cause there might be zombies... Compared to this game Dementium: The Ward is a fairytale. Seriously. In Dementium you could at least expect a bit when things where going to happen and as you can already guess that's NOT the case in Nanashi no Game. Let me give an example: a new chapter starts, you're at the entrance of a cinema. You walk a bit forward and CRASH a window breaks. If you play the game while in a dark area or even in light with your volume turned on, I can assure you you'll jump up and start running around like crazy, yelling OMGWTFBBQ WHAT HAPPENED? It's scary, really. The actual point of the game is quite simple, you run around investing buildings and meanwhile you are running for your life from the zombies that OHKO you if they get near you. If you see, a zombie, RUN. That's it.

I'd give the game a 9.5 out of 10. You'll love it.
If any more information is needed, or if you think I forgot to mention something, I'll gladly edit my review to include it.

P.S.: This is my first (actually my second, if you count the Castlevania Judgment one) review, so please comment.

toh_yxes

Trophies
XP
Country
HAHAHA. I love the review. Yep, this game is pretty scary. I love the idea of the NES cart being evil.
smileipb2.png

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That games was scary
cry.gif
. Until my friend played it and told me 28 times your characters is a fatty cause he runs slow. Then it got scary again.
cry.gif

BumFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol, this game reminds me of The Ring somehow, and apparently you have to finish the game in 7 days xD (168 game time hours) or the you die in game? lol

nice review, and indeed run, no killing or anything right?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nope, no killing, and the story is kinda like the Ring, but I don't think you have to finish the game in 7 days. I believe that it was just the the commercial thats said you HAD to play it or you'd die
laugh.gif

strawhat-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
only played the game for a short time but i thought it was pretty good i liked the style of the game

i would give it a 7/10 i would have liked to acctually kill the zombies but just running away adds to the creepyness of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here