Name the parts :-)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Bonny, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    As i decided to let a gameshop RGH-mod my Slim Xbox 360, i sure knew, that these guys would ruin the original glossy case and cover it with scratches. So they did :glare:

Because of this, i directly ordered a transparent replace case. As soon as i got the system back from the gameshop, i started to swap the cases.

I'am really not a pro, so after the whole procedure i got a few parts left and now i asking myself: Where do they belong?

[​IMG]

The 2 very small plastic parts, i guess, have been broken off somewhere, because i can see a point of fraction on both. But for what is the "ROL"-Thing? As i opend the original case, i couldn't find such a part anywhere.

I also can't figure out where the metal part goes, where the sticker belongs to. And i also don't know anything about the longer plastic part on top of the photo.

Does anyone now anything about these parts? :bow:

Coto likes this.
  2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    The round part goes where you have the on/off button.
    It's supposed to go on the small PCB that sits on the outside of the chassis.
    [​IMG]
    It's the black round thing in this pic.

The rest you can forget about ;]

3. Bonny
    OP

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Oh... :blink:

Well... as i swaped the cases, i noticed too late that the replacement case didn't come with an SlimFlex Cable. And the original was glued to the original faceplate. So i had none. This is why my power/eject-button was broken since then. I also ruined the port on the PCB where the SlimFelx - cable goes in, as i removed the original cable. :sleep:

Now... is this part important? Does the Power Button work without it?

4. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Humm..
    If the port is busted where the flex cable goes into then your best bet is to get a new one ;p
    The 360 will work with just the PCB attached (turning it on by controller)

5. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    The metal and the sticker looks like a Kensington lock support. There should be a small oval shape on the back of the console and that metal piece should be mounted inside the case somehow.

6. Bonny
    OP

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Intresting. Has an original 360 slim case this part too? And f you're right, the sticker then belongs under/over the metal part? :blink:

7. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    I've haven't taken apart many slims so I wouldn't know, I would believe so as all Kensington lock holes are supposed to be reinforced. The sticker is most likely double sided tape.

8. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Sticker is indeed double sided tape and the small metal part is indeed the lock reinforcement.
    Seeing that you'll never use it, it's pretty useless