Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
I like that idea too as it goes, its a bit complicated though. How about we refine it a little?

Lets say you post a picture of a film with X amount of actors in it, any number will do as long as there is at least one. The person who guesses correctly must post a film with someone that starred with them in that film, but was not in the last picture.

What you think of that?

QUOTE(Szyslak @ Apr 29 2009, 01:35 PM) I really like the 'six degrees' idea, but it should probably be as simple as "the movie posted must contain an actor from the previous movie, but not the actor just pictured" (I think that's what pingy is saying too). Trying to get two actors in the pic itself would limit the available screencaps and make it too easy to guess.

Well, we still have the above idea from the last time that we could go with, or the floor is open for entirely new ideas.

I was thinking last night about a theme of "Blockbusters and Award Winners". You could only choose movies that had either:
a) made over $100 million at the box office
b) been nominated for an academy award for best picture

I realized that the idea was a bit "American-centric", so maybe there is a way to incorporate the box office figures from Europe and Asia, as well as the top awards from those regions?

Or, we could go back to just a plain old movie genre. We haven't done that in a while.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm quite liking the "Six degrees" idea, the blockbusters idea is good as well. In the UK we've got BAFTA awards so it does open it up to more than just Oscars. I know that China has their own awards system as well, can't remember the name of it at the mo tho! I'd imagine countries like France, Holland and others with their own film industry must have something similar as well. The range of stuff would be pretty big I'm guessing.

I'm up for whatever is most popular with the players.
grog.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was sitting back and watching to see if there were any other suggestions before putting my two cents in.
Since there doesn't seem to be,
and because summer is here, for about half the globe,
how would everyone feel about a beach/ocean movie theme?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Personally Ive got to go with Luigis six degrees of separation idea. Its a fantastic suggestion.
yaypsp.gif
I would vote for this idea as well. The Blockbusters / Award winners theme would probably require too much research before posting a movie, and that will most likely lead to a very slow round. Whoever suggested that is an idiot.

I like the Beach / Ocean idea, and would probably vote for it next round, but I think we should give Luigi's idea a try. Either way would be fine with me though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."