OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
115873_The_Santa_Claus_3D.jpg

All rejoice for Tempmas is here!
yay.gif
And what would Tempmas be without a Christmas round of Name The Movie!

The rules are pretty simple, and are as follows (as originally written by the legend, greyhound)

One person posts a screenshot of a film, any film (keep it clean), making sure it isn't impossible to guess (ie include either a lead character or make it a renowned/significant scene)....or too easy. When a successful guess has been made and confirmed to be correct by the poster of the image, the person who guessed successfully posts the next screenshot. So, if you're going to make a guess and following that post a snapshot please ensure that you check back every so often to see if someone named your movie correctly or to check if your guess was correct so that the game isn't held up too long. It's usual for 2-3 images to get posted per day. Try not to repeat movies, especially the same scene...

Some were added as the game evolved, which were :
  • In order to keep the game flowing, it helps if two people have the confirmed correct answer. Remember to send the answer to the previous poster when posting a picture for your turn. The answer should be PM'ed to the last person to post a film, not necessarily the person who updated the scores.
  • Remember to keep the scores updated.
  • Remember to update the previous movies posted list.
  • Posting an answer and then saying "Skip me" will result in no points, and a toss-up movie either by the judge, or by the previous poster.
  • No hotlinking to images, try to upload them to either GBAtemp's picture service or somewhere like tinypic/photobucket. Please make sure the name of the movie is not contained in the url.
  • Don't "hit and run". If you're going to guess at a movie, make sure you can stick around long enough to see if your guess was correct and post the next film. If you take too long posting the next movie (24 hours or judge's discretion), you will lose the point.
  • The winner of a round is the judge for the next round.
To make it easier for people to know whether or not a pic for a particular film has been posted a list is kept along with the scores. Whenever you update the scores the list should be updated as well. We've gotten into the habit of using the list to link to the IMDb page for the movie, but if you have trouble with that part, just list the movie. You'll get the hang of it quick enough!

The theme for this round is Christmas. Please make sure your movie would generally fall into this category. Basically any film that involves Christmas in some way, shape or form. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Christmas film, it could just be a film set around Christmas time.

There is also a judge for each round for when problems occur. As there was no clear cut winner of last round and no tie-breaker happened I'll step into the goal for this one and act as the rounds judge.

This round will run from today (Dec 16th) through Jan 2nd, 2011.

Here's the list of all the past Name the Movie threads, just in case anyone wants to reminisce or see how much time has been wasted over the years.

© A fair whack of this message copyright Szyslak, last month.

This should be an easy enough round! I'll get the ball rolling with one of my favourite films :

ezKKA.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I certainly never had any objections to you TrolleyDave if the die hard franchise is among your chosen Christmas films you are welcome round for beverages and a night of die hard any time.

Also yes I am just spamming so I do not miss out on 20 days of this round of NTM.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just about to ask if it was time for another round (what with people complaining that GBAtemp is boring and all)

Great minds think alike....and so do we assholes.

Hit us with one, Warrior!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
While I certainly never had any objections to you TrolleyDave if the die hard franchise is among your chosen Christmas films you are welcome round for beverages and a night of die hard any time.

Also yes I am just spamming so I do not miss out on 20 days of this round of NTM.

You mean there's people who don't choose Die Hard as a Christmas film? I watch it every year around this time, one of my favourites! The bevvy and Die Hard night sounds good though!

QUOTE(Vulpes Abnocto @ Dec 17 2010, 02:00 AM) I was just about to ask if it was time for another round (what with people complaining that GBAtemp is boring and all)

Great minds think alike....and so do we assholes.

Hit us with one, Warrior!

lol We're not assholes, we're more useful than that. We're cunts!
wink.gif
I meant to set the thread up a couple of days ago but didn't get the chance. It wouldn't be Tempmas without a Christmas round of NTM!

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way to get screenshots?
Most people just use Google images.
Download the image to your desktop, change the name to something like NTMXmas001, load it somewhere (I use photobucket,) and voila!

In the giving spirit of the season, I'll post this one in your name, so you can keep the point you earned.

This one should be easy enough to get the game rolling along.

Remember that when you post an image, you send the answer to the person who posted the previous movie (the one that you correctly guessed, in this case, TrolleyDave.) He will not be able to guess this movie, but will confirm a correct answer in the case of your absence.
The person that correctly guesses this movie will in turn PM Warrior522 the answer of their own movie

So, with that clarified,
On with the game!

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your cheeks are all rosy and your eyes as bright as stars!

Scores:

Warrior522 : 1
hullo8d: 1

Your turn hullo!
(and send your PM to Warrior522, so I can participate)

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hullo8d said:
Home Alone

I was never PM'd
Right answer.
Sorry for not PM'ing
frown.gif
Was busy with something else
But what exactly did I need to PM again? My answer right? And when? After or before my post? After the right answer?

Scores:

Warrior522 : 1
hullo8d: 2
DryYoshi: 1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr