name a game you thought was gonna be crap

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Road Runner's Death Valley Rally (SNES)
This was the first bargain bin game I ever bought, and SNES was the only console I owned at the time. I believe it was $12, so I expected it to be garbage. It was actually pretty good, and it was a lot like playing Sonic, which I liked because I didn't even know anyone with a Sega system at the time.

in all the time since then, i've never obtained a game i thought was going to be crap, until May, when I got my first DS flashcart. now i download games that i expect to be crap just for fun. hamsterz 2 comes to mind, i thought that was going to be godawful and i wound up liking it more than Nintendogs..

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Diamond: (the first pokemon game I ever played)
At first I was like: What? Pokemon? That's fuckin' kiddie shit.
But then I was like: Check out mah BAD-ASS Heracross! In a premier ball, yo!

Rune Factory:
At first I was like: I've gotta grow crops? Are you serious? Where's the action in that?
But then I was like: Woot! My strawberry crops are coming in, and after that I'm forging the Heaven Asunder sword and kicking some ass!

Peggle DS:
At first I was like: What is this? Some love-child of pinball and plinko?
But then I was like: OMG you're gonna love this game! It's like the love child of pinball and plinko!

World of Goo:
At first I was like: Man, this looks like my 4 year old niece drew it. NES games looked better than this shit.
But then I was like: Waaaaiiiit fooorrr iiiitttt NOW! Add-a-black-goo-move-that-balloon-add-another-goo! WOO HOO! I got the obsessive compulsion distinction! Take THAT, Fisty!
("Are you playing that game on a...toaster?" "Yeah. It's also running on the deep fryer and that dead badger over there, but the controls are easier on the toaster.")

Rhythm Heaven:
At first I was like: Oh blah blah, tap with the beat, this is gonna suuuuck.
But then I was like: *catches himself singing Moai Doo-Wop in his head at work*

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Team Fortress 2:
At first I was like: I've never been interested in online multiplayer. And the art style is weird. Meh. At least I got the entire OB for $20
Then I was like: CRY SUM MOOOOOOOOOOOAR! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

Apollo Justice Ace Attorney:
At first I was like: How the fuck could a lawyer game be fun?
Then I was like: OBJECTION! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

secretsauce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
xmen origins: wolverine, the movie was very shitty and ruined deadpool for me -.- when i heard aboutthe game i was like, NO NO MORE RUINING OF DEADPOOL then my friend forced me to play it and holy crap, that game was epic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte