Namco wants you to pay twice for one game.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wandered in here expecting to see something like pay for a disc and pay for a digital download or something along those lines. This.... I have no objection to as it seems not all that different to the 2 in 1/3 in 1 or collection stuff that occasionally appears (indeed I could probably drum up a couple of examples of games that took a while to appear in Europe or Japan but when they did that and the sequel were on one cart).

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasnt this that game that namco had t split over 2 cartridges due to fitting all the languages in? yes a bit of a kick in the sack really, you would think namco would sell the game at a budget range

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the difference between this and pokemon games?

Black and white is the same game and everyone seems okay with it.
You don't need to buy two versions of the same game.
These are two different games that was originally on just one cartridge in Japan.
We get the same games but have to buy them separately at the price of two retail games.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought it was already explained that because of multiple languages, it was only possibly to fit one episode onto the media?
It's two japanese episodes vs one episode in english, french, spanish (and maybe german, italian)

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought it was already explained that because of multiple languages, it was only possibly to fit one episode onto the media?
It's two japanese episodes vs one episode in english, french, spanish (and maybe german, italian)
The problem is that they refused to use 4gig carts.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think a 4gig cart has ever been used for an international release. And I'd assume there's good reason for their disuse. If I had to guess, it's probably because the carts are expensive.
Example: 32GB SD cards cost twice as much as 16GB cards. I'd assume the same would be true here.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think a 4gig cart has ever been used for an international release. And I'd assume there's good reason for their disuse. If I had to guess, it's probably because the carts are expensive.
Example: 32GB SD cards cost twice as much as 16GB cards. I'd assume the same would be true here.
Revelations was 4gig, true, it was initially going to more expensive but that's no excuse in my book.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revelations was 4gig, true, it was initially going to more expensive but that's no excuse in my book.
Derp, all that argument was a waste because I thought we were talking about a DS game. :/

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
as long as the game comes out i don't really care... for me the good news is that Episode 2 is coming out thank god.

Lets hope for an European release... at least i will

D

Deleted_171835

Typical Scamco.
The first game came on a 512MB cartridge. They didn't even need a 4GB cart to fit both of them. A 2GB one would have sufficed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?