Namco Bandai's New Game Details Outed

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Livin in a box, Jul 18, 2011.

Jul 18, 2011
  1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Details have surfaced on Namco Bandai's new PSP Digimon game, which was a revealed yesterday to be the game from the mysterious countdown teaser site Namco Bandai put up last week.

The latest issue of V Jump lists the game's full name as "Digimon World Re:Digitize." PSP's first Digimon game has the genre "Digital Growth RPG."

The game promises a new story set in a strange space that mixes the real and cyber worlds. You'll build up your Digimon partners for intense battles.

Characters introduced in the magazine include the main character and his first partner Digimon, the flame breathing Agumon who evolves into the fierce Greymon. The main character is a 14-year-old boy who likes to ride motorcycles. He finds himself stuck in the digital world, where he relies on a device, attached to his shoulder, that aids in his interaction with the Digimon.

Jump shows just a few screens from the game. One screen depicts a behind-the-shoulder view of the main character and Agumon walking through a detailed city. This is listed as the "digital world," where Digimon live. The citiscape scene from the teaser site is also in the magazine. It's listed as the "real world," which is where the main character lives. We'll apparently learn the relationship between the two worlds in later updates.

Digimon World Re:Digitize should see its full online announcement later this week. We're going to have to wait a bit to play it, though, as Jump lists the game as a year 2012 release.[/p]

Source

TL;DR A new Digimon game titled Digimon World Re:Digitize is in development by Namco Bandai and will be coming to the PSP, although the latest issue of V Jump has it listed for 2012. You play a 14 year old motorcycle rider who is stuck in a digital world with a device that helps him interact with Digimon. Sound familiar? Good.

I don't know about you but releasing a game for the PSP at this stage seems a bit pointless, what with the PS Vita due out late this year/early next year I can't imagine it would sell very well, unless it's coming to the Vita too. More will follow when it is officially announced later this week. You can see the scan here.

2. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    lol i was just reading about this in another forum. yes. digimon for psp. i hope there'll be an english release.

3. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    awww.. I was hoping for something else.. the count down was really good looking [​IMG] Oh well...
    I guess those who like digimon will be happy [​IMG]

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    The PSP is still very popular in Japan.

5. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    I'm hoping for an English release, but considering the fact that the PSP is dying (outside of Japan) it seems rather unlikely. >:

I WANT MY DIGIMON ;A;

6. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Very, very popular. If you check release lists for PSP games for dumps and such, there are so many Japanese PSP games dumped. Lists are generally just full of them. You have to hunt for international releases.

7. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Hmm, I suppose, maybe they'll just keep it there. But you never know, the Vita could prove very successful too and leave the PSP behind.

8. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I liked the article so much until it said it was for the PSP.

Oh, well. I hope you enjoy it.

9. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    If it turns out to be an RPG (which it probably will) I hope that it'll get a new battle system. The DS games felt outdated really fast.

10. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    If this game is released on PSN (which it probably will) it's already Vita compatible.