OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
173237-deviljin.jpg

Evidently it wasn't the best year ever for Namco Bandai. With the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2010 the game company has released its year end earnings with revenues totaled ¥378.55 billion ($4.12 billion), down 11 percent from the previous year. On top of this the company reported net losses of ¥29.08 billion ($316.14 million) for the year, compared to a profit of ¥11.83 billion ($128.8 million) from the previous year.

A large chuck of this money loss is actually the gaming section of Namco Bandai's fault. While their arcade and toy brands actually made a profit the game developing side lost ¥6.85 billion ($74.59 million). These losses are attributed to impairment of goodwill (reassessing the value of intangible assets) and deferred tax assets among other things. This is all despite their games selling decently well with Tekken 6 being the company's top seller and the PSP being the company's top platform.

All this money loss is prompting Namco Bandai to begin to restructure. The company launched the "Namco Bandi restart" plan in February and is aiming to streamline the company's many parts while allowing for greater ease in reacting to the market. This restructuring gives Namco Bandai a rosey view of the future as they are hoping for company wide revenue to rise nearly 6 percent next year.
Source.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
That for destroy Pac-man renewing it!

Where is the old Namco? Bandai doesn´t have interest for me except the awesome´s One Piece of Wii.

And remeber this:

Street Fighter >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tekken.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprisingly, even after some mixed reviews, I rented Dead To Rights: Retribution and the game is pretty damn good.

It reminds me a lot of Max Payne with the seedy underground life, slow-mo, and narration. This is the first Namco/Bandai title I've enjoyed in a while.

Definitely worth buying at $30 or less.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tales series probably would've racked in a good amount of cash if Namco actually localized most of it. Symphonia did well back in the GC days due to a good advertising campaign.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of their stuff is crap though with some good games here and there. Saying that the same can be said about Ubisoft.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clegion said:
Namco Bandai should try localizing some of their game.......

look see how many people want SRW
I lol'd.

This is kinda to be expected, what with the world economy in a slump. Although the article claims it was because of bad business practices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr