• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,619
  • Replies 58
D

Deleted User

OP
splash_logo.gif

Bandai Namco is working alongside with Project Sora to develop SSB4. Does this mean some Namco characters will appear in the game? Or maybe this game will be made faster? Either way, expect awesomeness.

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only a few Namco characters I'd like to see in the game.
I think it would be cool to see a character from a franchise that no one would predict be included like they did with snake in brawl.
Even though he wasn't as good as I had hoped, it was still cool. Since assassins creed if finally coming to a major nintendo console, maybe they'll throw in one of those characters. :)
I just hope the 3ds version won't be some stripped down crap compared to the wiiu version.
There's definitely some Namco characters they shouldn't throw in there. Some silliness is okay, but I hope the majority of characters are the usual beloved nintendo characters.
I could handle dig dug but pacman wouldn't fit imho.
I can't wait for more official details! XD

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hopefully Nintendo won't listen to Namco Bandai once they start talking about DLC. People complain about Capcom's In-Game DLC too much, but that's because they don't know about Namco Bandai. They started the trend first and they still hold the title, numerically speaking.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLC
Hopefully Nintendo won't listen to Namco Bandai once they start talking about DLC. People complain about Capcom's In-Game DLC too much, but that's because they don't know about Namco Bandai. They started the trend first and they still hold the title, numerically speaking.

DLC in Smash Bros would be a sign of the apocalypse. But seriously, i hate how Namco handles DLC lately, the DLC they had on Tales of Graces F was ridiculous. 4$ for a new costume

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably just help with making models etc, with directions from Sora of course, I don't think Namco will have much involvement with actually deciding gameplay elements, included characters, modes etc.
It's usually like this with most ninty collaborations, just like in the past with collaborations like Sega and F-Zero or Capcom and Zelda.
With minish cap for example the Zelda team still were the ones steering the development of that title, I don't expect this to be much different since it's a series Nintendo definitely wouldn't like to screw with.

This won't be another Other M scenario unless they for some reason gives Namco too much freedom, which they won't.

They made this decision since they need to put a lot more work into the graphics this time around. I'm expecting gameplay, style and music to be what Sakurai wants.
Judging by how competitive and complex Uprising was I'm expecting this game to be 10x better than Brawl, at least.
Especially now when Nintendo wants to have more titles with deep experiences than before, they've been saying this a lot lately and they have been saying that with Pikmin 3 too.

Brawl sucked and was casualized on purpose with slow paced fighting and stuff like tripping.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte