Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image207.png

I'm starting to think it may be a new Xenosaga...

QUOTE said:
Namco Bandai’s latest countdown just got interesting. Before loading the remaining days text flashes and says “that RPG will return.” (Thanks for the comment tip, BK0000!)

Which RPG? We still have to wait five days, maybe less if Famitsu scans leak it, to find out.

There are plenty of Tales games and .hack://Link already has an official site and release date so we can rule out those series. Other than those Namco Bandai doesn’t have that many active RPG franchises. Could this be a new Xenosaga or Baten Kaitos game?

News Source: Siliconera

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
deanxxczx said:
I can't wait until they say what the game is.
Hopefully Xenosaga. I've never really played any of the Baten Kaitos games.
Baten Kaitos for the GC was pretty darn good, though it was hard to get into at first, however when you put a few hours into it you start to appreciate how solid it is.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
DSGamer64 said:
deanxxczx said:
I can't wait until they say what the game is.
Hopefully Xenosaga. I've never really played any of the Baten Kaitos games.
Baten Kaitos for the GC was pretty darn good, though it was hard to get into at first, however when you put a few hours into it you start to appreciate how solid it is.

I might have to try it one day.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
they should make it cross platform cuz GC didnt become as famous as the ps u know

LOL! I'm taking that as a joke. If it isn't then promptly kill yourself, post-haste.

Anyways, I have a feeling it's Baten Kaitos. It was a greatly under-appreciated game and a re-release on Wii would be a great way to get it into the hands of people who didn't get the chance to experience it on the GCN.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... Well, I'm wondering if the RPG selections of a game that "will return" is from either Namco Bandai or Namco as a whole. If it's soley Namco Bandai, I'll say Xenosaga. There's not much else there that's either not dead or noteworthy.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
QUOTE said:
Since this statement, however, Namco Bandai has sold Monolith Soft to Nintendo, which has in turn incorporated Monolith Soft as a First Party Developer. Namco Bandai currently holds only 16% of shares in Monolith Soft, with Nintendo possessing a controlling share of 80%. This leaves any future progression of the series in doubt.

16% chance in it being Xenosaga.

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Zeroneo said:
Rumors say that its Digimon Story: Lost Evolution.
That would be very anti-climatic. The last Digimon "RPG" was released in 2007, which wasn't too long ago (unless you count Digimon World Championship, which came out last year), so "return" wouldn't be the right word.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ZeroEXE93 said:
Zeroneo said:
That would be very anti-climatic. The last Digimon "RPG" was released in 2007, which wasn't too long ago (unless you count Digimon World Championship, which came out last year), so "return" wouldn't be the right word.
Agreed.
Xenosaga would fit best (2006 game, announced III as 'last' game), but.. damn Nintendo...

Baten Kaitos.. maybe.
ohmy.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Raiser said:
ZeroEXE93 said:
Zeroneo said:
Agreed.
Xenosaga would fit best (2006 game, announced III as 'last' game), but.. damn Nintendo...

Baten Kaitos.. maybe.
ohmy.gif

lol what is Nintendo doing with it anyway?
I do hope it is, Nintendo might had a change of heart and saw that this game would be sooper1337inhighdefandnobodycouldpirateitonthePS3.

ohwait. Nintendo - Wii. Damn it all.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FlameTakuya said:
OH MY PORK If it was a Digimon game similar to the first Digimon World, then HECK YESSSSSSS.

Also, it's confirmed to be for the nintendo ds.
I'm all for another Digimon game liike the first Digimon World. ;D
Most underrated game I swear.

But.. DS? Source please?
Why would Bamco make a big deal of a game and then put it in the DS instead of the consoles?

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Um, on the official site it says Platform nintendo ds in like huuuuge letters. Seriously, even if you can't read Japanese the letters d and s are so huge that it's not possible to miss them.

(And here I was wondering why people were trying to guess what platform it would be on when it's already on the site itself D: )

EDIT: For your convenience, a screenshot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs