Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...To "Bandai Namco."

STOP THE PRESSES!

Namco Bandai Japan is unifying the names of its overseas subsidiaries. In Japan, the company is called Bandai Namco. Overseas, it’s Namco Bandai. But not for long.

At a board of director’s meeting held on January 23, Namco Bandai announced that beginning April 1, the names of its 31 subsidiaries—including six domestic and 25 overseas—will change from Namco Bandai to Bandai Namco.

A note about those six domestic company name changes: though the company is already Bandai Namco in Japan, its name in English writing is still Namco Bandai. Those will change to Bandai Namco. For example, Namco Bandai Games Inc. will become Bandai Namco Games Inc. And overseas, Namco Bandai Games America Inc. will become Bandai Namco Games America Inc., and so on.
:arrow:Gematsu

What? Hey, it might not sound like much to you, but they've got to protect their brandai.

When it comes to avoiding confusion, a little consistency with the naming certainly doesn't hurt. You can't blame them for jumping on the bandai-wagon.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
k3cPxWK.png

I'm shitting bricks guise, shittting bricks

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't even know whether it was Namco Bandai or Bandai Namco before. I actually thought it was the latter. Oh well, easier for me.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It was already Bandai Namco but I prefer to call them Namco Bandai.

Namco Bandai is going to get a lot of shit for releasing that piece of crap known as "Battle of Z".

a9cito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dont see the problem. Some people just trying to found problems anywhere for anything. umm i know put a lawsuit on them, because is damaging your way to call a company, and that affect your brain.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, because abbreviating it to 'Namco' or 'Bandai' obviously was way too much work... :P

EDIT: in other news: coca cola will now change their name to cola coca, because why the hell not? ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning