Nag Disable FW 13.0.0

poisonxdart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello is there any way to disable the game update nag ? I have tried updating as many games as possible but I can't find updates for some games but there are some games which still get the update nag even tho they have been reset to launch version in goldleaf. What can I do to get rid of the stupid nag ?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update to 13?
I think they mean the nag when you click on a game to start it.

When connecting to the internet and through Nintendo servers, the console checks for updates for all titles and will then nag the player to update before playing the game. Games can still be played, but it'll always say that the software has an update and you can choose between Start anyway, Update or Cancel.

I've got the same nag, so some info on how to get rid of it without actually bothering to install the updates would be great ahaha

Reactions: bazamuffin

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well only way is to really block communication with Nintendo server, so it doesn't even detect that game update are available.

poisonxdart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Well only way is to really block communication with Nintendo server, so it doesn't even detect that game update are available.
This does not work, I have 90dns and I mostly keep my switch in airplane mode to conserve battery.

I guess there isn't really a way to get rid of this nag is to update. Is there a database where I could check the latest update version for every game ? Or is that just a PS4 thing ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does not work, I have 90dns and I mostly keep my switch in airplane mode to conserve battery.

I guess there isn't really a way to get rid of this nag is to update. Is there a database where I could check the latest update version for every game ? Or is that just a PS4 thing ?

I used Blawar's Incognito, if Incognito RCM doesn't work for you , you can use Atmosphere's exosphere.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you've already connected to Nintendo servers, the nag will not disappear even after blocking them again using 90DNS.

The switch must store the info in someway, but I'm sure there's a way to delete the stored info on game updates. Just not sure what it is ahaha

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've already connected to Nintendo servers, the nag will not disappear even after blocking them again using 90DNS.

The switch must store the info in someway, but I'm sure there's a way to delete the stored info on game updates. Just not sure what it is ahaha

I don't use 90DNS, Incognito work fine for me, never had a game that nag about update even if I was at a lower system firmware, or game that was on a lower update.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't use 90DNS, Incognito work fine for me, never had a game that nag about update even if I was at a lower system firmware, or game that was on a lower update.
I never had a nag until yesterday when I first connected to Nintendo servers for over 2 years, as soon as I connected I've got a nag for every game that requires an update.

If you're using incognito or 90DNS and have never connected to Nintendo servers since modding then you won't get the nag ahaha

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I never had a nag until yesterday when I first connected to Nintendo servers for over 2 years, as soon as I connected I've got a nag for every game that requires an update.

If you're using incognito or 90DNS and have never connected to Nintendo servers since modding then you won't get the nag ahaha
Did you try DBI like i told you in your other Thread?

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Same issue here.
Previous owner updated it to 13.1.0 before i got my hands on.
From this sysnand i have cloned it to emummc.

Do you mean that this DB got updated in sysnand and copied over to emunand?
If yes, how can i get rid of it?

Maybe an factory reset in emummc does the job?

PS.: i have 90DNS and icognito running on atmosphere, and DNS checker says, all ninty servers as blocked.

thanks a lot

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Tried the following, without luck:

- Flashed 13.1.0 with daybreak and factory reset ticked in emummc -> switch stuck @ reboot
- Reseted working emummc with maintaince mode, copy the ..0045 save to the other emummc -> nag is still present

This solved it for me:
- Reseted working emummc with maintaince mode
- Set this up without going online
- > NAG is gone but i had to reinstall everything!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: