1. Leo121

Leo121 GBAtemp Regular

Trinidad and Tobago
    PS3's free online multiplayer was what made me buy it and abandon my Xbox 360. When I heard that we were going to have to pay for it on PS4, I immediately went for PC and never looked backed. This price increase is happening cause Sony has the lead and it mightn't affect their sales. Service is still shit though, no username changing and account migration even with the increase in Plus subscribers. Also Canadians keep getting screwed with pricing cause of the exchange rate.

2. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    I don't see this has news worthy. Slow day at the office? Lol.

The month n 3 month prices went up by 4 cents and the year price went up by 10 dollars. Not that big of a deal. That 10 dollar a year increase works out to be a 83 cents a month increase for the year. Again not a big deal. That's like 8-12 cups of coffee, a year less you could give up to continue the yearly price.

3. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Wow, first a 3 year lifespan console... And now this? Keeps adding more points on me leaving sony!

4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

I recently got a Vita and was considering using PS+ on it as well as what's left for it on my PS3, but I don't think I will. I also had Xbox Live for a while, but even that was expensive. I'll probably stick to my Nintendo consoles that have free online and my laptop that also has free online.

VinsCool likes this.
  5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]
    Global Moderator

United States
    Maybe they can use that extra $10 to add a game that isnt a crap indie game every month?

Only fools pay full MSRP, its on sale all the time for $10-15 below msrp. I only buy it for the game offerings every month, don't even use the online play.

Last edited by Joe88, Aug 22, 2016
  6. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I own a 3DS/PC, and i don't own a PS4 or an Xbone, so the thought of paying to play online just sounds odd. I just hope Nintendo doesn't follow suit with the NX, if people don't complain about this enough, who knows, maybe they'll do it anyway.

Hell, I didn't play WoW for this reason, well, that and I heard the horror stories about addiction :P

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    IIs only a addiction if you let it be one, only you can tell you what to do and how to manage things.

8. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

I wonder, if you get a card/code for a one year subscription on Sept 21st will it still give you the full year's worth of time if you redeem it on or after the 22nd? Or even reduce the length of your current subscription by a certain amount of time to reflect the price increase?

9. flame1234

flame1234 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Tyop on the Cover
    Whoops, you can't change titles on GBAtemp. I guess it has to stay like that.

10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Err...no? The price is effective on the 22nd, as in starting on the 22nd all PS+ memberships will change to this price. You could purchase a hundred thousand 1 year subscriptions before that date for the original price and each one would still give you a year.

As for the news, who cares? As Joe said, PS+ cards go on sale so often you'll never pay full price 99% of the time.

11. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Same reason that I never played finalfantasy or wow as well, I am not paying a monthly fee, and still have to buy the game at retail price.. like are you kidding me? Anyways, I had read somewhere (dont remember) that nintendo might also do a yearly subscription-type of a deal on the NX, but I thought it was going to be for playing game, similar to the play station's store that offers you to play ps3 games by streaming, but honestly I dont know how true that would be. Either way, Cant wait for the NX :D

12. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    PS Plus was already dropping in value. This just makes me glad I didn't renew my subscription. If they actually start giving solid games each month I'll consider resubscribing, but if it keeps going the way it has been I won't renew it.

13. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.
    Contributor

United States
    I swear there was a delete button somewhere around here...
    Seriously, how do I delete my post?

Last edited by Meteor7, Aug 23, 2016
  14. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

At first i was like :O
    Then i was like, maybe the free games will get better :yay:
    Then i was like :unsure:
    Then i remembered it was Sony :ohnoes:
    Then i was like :glare:
    Then i thought they would probably change nothing about the free games :rolleyes:
    Coz i know they try and get away with what people will pay :creep:
    So then i was like :wink:
    Because i know stupid people will throw money at whatever they do :whip:
    But its ok because i live in england :wub:
    And we dont have this increase yet :bow:
    But it will still probably come :wtf:
    Then i was like :angry:
    But i have already bought my yearly PS+ :grog:

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

wew
    I remember back when we first got our PS3, we decided against getting PS+ because it was "too expensive", but look at it now.

16. DeathChaos25

DeathChaos25 Unmei wo kaeru!

And I still can't change PSN Username or change that crappy home menu style on my PS4.

Nice job Sony.

mizorechan and Deleted User like this.
  17. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I would honestly pay to change my username, I HATE the username I signed up with.

18. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So with this price increase, are they going to let us keep our 'free' games like xbox when we decide to leave? My guess is no, but if they're going to fuck us, it'd be nice if they'd use a little lube.

Deleted User likes this.
  19. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Indie trash getting more expensive obviously.

20. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]
    Global Moderator

United States
    you only get to keep the games on the 360 after cancellation, on the xb1 you need an activate subscription to play any games with gold

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Playstation, Membership, price