[NA & EU] Official ‘Pokémon Black’ and ‘White’ Thread

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by soulx, Jan 29, 2011.

1. jonesman99

jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

Nov 10, 2008
    United States
    A Star Called Metropolis
    Since I have already played the japanese version prepatched, im gonna mod the trainers and pokemon. Just to make it a little tougher and exciting.

2. bumjeans

bumjeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2007
    Do I need to patch it when using original R4 with latest Wood fw?

3. trigao

trigao Ninten

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    yes.... search for dicastia patch

4. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Discastia is a copy of retrogamefans patch.

5. trigao

trigao Ninten

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    really???? O.o.... serious i dont know it... sorry about that

6. feidhlim1986

feidhlim1986 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Changing the date of your DS (lite in my case) does not change what season you're in.

7. Inumaru

Inumaru Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2011
    United States
    I'm playing in the wood r4 but not gain xp

8. omarrrio

omarrrio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2010
    Macau
    nowhere
    so is retrogamefan going to release any new Version of his YSmenu ?

9. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

10. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    applied the patch on first post?

11. bumjeans

bumjeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2007
    Does it matter which one I use?

12. Inumaru

Inumaru Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2011
    United States
  13. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

14. Sirion999

Sirion999 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2011
    Poland
    I have the same problem... seriously no idea

15. VoidSpace

VoidSpace Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2011
    YAY. It works for me, but it may work for you guys!

OK, I use WAIO 1.15 (I have a R4 sdhc), downloaded the ROM (pokemon white), used my JAP sav file that WAS and IS patched with the translation patch. Firstly it didn't work, after a battle: no exp. After that battle, when I'd battle again, there was no fight option [​IMG] .

Patched it with this: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=24194 , and I thought:''Ofcourse it won't work [​IMG] '', but it WORKED! Exp: works. ''No fight button, can't control the touchsreen'' problem also fixed with the patch. [​IMG]

( I think when you battle, and you win, you won't earn exp, and after that if you'd battle again, the previous battle activated the AP. But the patch fixed it all for me, so this will help you guys too, I hope [​IMG]. )

16. Sonataroger

Sonataroger Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2009
    United States
    Confirmed Acekard 2i with Dicastia patch Akaio 1.8.5 works with pokemon white. no loading screen problems, no exp problems. runs clean for me.

17. At0m1Ca15

At0m1Ca15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2011
    United States
    Hi guys.

I don't know how much credit you'll give me since I'm a brand new user, and having been browinsg the Pokemon B/W threads all morning, n00bs aren't very appreciated, but I thought I'd chip in my info.

I appear to have a fully working game. I previously tried running Black on my M3 DS Real card (original DS)... not sure what firmware. both the (J) and the new (E) game froze on the first frame of a new game, or even Mic Test. however, I just tried looking for a Wood R4 firmware to see if it was compatible, and found this:
    http://forum.-----.net/index.php?topic=39701.0
    I downloaded the firmware for M3, and installed the temporary version onto my card (one that runs through wood.nds instead of booting up from it).
    I've just tried it, and it completely works. Doesn't crash, gained XP on the first 2 battles, and saved fine.

I just shut the DS down and haven't loaded it up again, so if it fails when I try to reload, or crashes at some point, I'll come back and let you know.

I hope this helps someone, and furthers progress on getting it working on more systems. I gave as much detail as possible, since that's something I find rather lacking when trying to find solutions myself.

Good luck, hope you believe me! (I'd post pictures, but it's a massive pain, especially since I'm in college and have class in 15 minutes. If necessary I'll try and grab stuff with the webcam though)

18. Lesoot

Lesoot Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2007
    Thanks but don't work for me.

19. TheHunted1

TheHunted1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2009
    Netherlands
    Does RetroGameFan's patch also fix the union room?

20. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    no

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted