N64 - Why did they not have protective sleeves?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Phillyman, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008
  1. Phillyman
    OP

Member Phillyman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Been thinking about this one for a while, The NES had the black sleeves, The SNES had the clear plastic sleeves, the Gamecube had cases, and the Wii has cases......but the poor N64 doesn't have a sleeve? How hard could it have been for someone to come up with something that slides onto the end of a N64 cart??? Yea I know I have seen the ones where the entire game is stored inside, but they are clunky.....Kinda sucks that someone has yet to realize that they could probably make a small fortune selling protective covers for N64 games [​IMG]

2. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Because they made it their life's duty to make us continue to blow into the cases and look weird even all these years later when we want to play some Ocarina of Time.

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Moved to the appropriate forum.

I had a slide-out case for my N64 games and I don't think they ever got any dust on them (just buy a bottle of compressed air or whatever from Wal-Mart).

4. Mazor

Member Mazor Z80 master arch

Sweden
    I don't know where you keep your cartridges but I never had to blow any N64 cartridge to get it to work during the 5 years I had my N64. Then my cousin lost a Mario Party 3 mini game, started raging, and pulled her controller towards her making the N64 hit the floor. It hadn't really been taking any damage before that but it alone was enough to destroy it.

5. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hahaha. Just like the Gameboy carts coming with cases and they were phased out around when the GBC-only games were being produced. And GBA carts had nothing at all, just a little plastic baggie.

6. PizzaPasta

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
    I've never had to blow into any SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance or N64 cartridges. I only had to blow into NES cartridges and that had nothing to do with dust but more-so due to the fact that I had a front-loading NES.

We just instinctively blew into them because that seemed like the thing to do. Isn't it odd that we all exhibited that behavior even though it was never directly taught to most of us?

7. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Wrong, My brother has metal cases for the GBA.