Hardware Oldies N64 RGB Mod. Colors Incorrect. Assistance Needed.

Gallaer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Voultar's N64 RGB Mod into my N64 and followed their instructions. I went for the C-Sync over LUMA. I then got a NTSC RGB C-SYNC SCART cable for the N64 and the RetroTink 2X SCART. There is video output but the colors are all messed up. Everything is stable and no other visual problems. When I use the original AV Cables, It is just fine. Here is my meh soldering job. Did I mess up something with C-SYNC or is one of the cables not in the right place?
Here is the Installation Instructions for the Kit.
1672201848762.png
1672201865046.png
1672202045576.png

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your red and black wires are swapped on the N64 PCB. If you look at the instructions the colors of the wires on the mod are yellow, orange, red, and on the N64 yellow, orange, red. Yours are white, black, red on the mod but then white, red, black on the N64 pcb.

Reactions: zfreeman

Gallaer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your red and black wires are swapped on the N64 PCB. If you look at the instructions the colors of the wires on the mod are yellow, orange, red, and on the N64 yellow, orange, red. Yours are white, black, red on the mod but then white, red, black on the N64 pcb.
I got it working. Thanks, sorry for my silly mistake.

Reactions: RAHelllord

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got it working. Thanks, sorry for my silly mistake.
Been there, done that. Glad you got it working!
Usually I can manage to avoid that by having the guide / image open on my phone and then trace the wires one by one on both phone and board out. Can take a while with more complex mods but it's well worth my peace of mind double checking everything for 10 minutes before turning it on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1