N64 NSO - SM3DAS | Fixing FBE problems for Nintendo 64 Switch Emulator

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This thread will be upgradeable and will share vital data to solve serious graphics problems in many games.

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time USA 1.0 (Resolved Textures in the Pause Menu and a crash on the door inside the Deku Tree)

Before
2021120114441500.jpg

AFTER
2021120114423200.jpg

Ocarina USA 1.0 = N64 NSO | N64 SM3DAS

Currently there are 2 versions of emulators: N64 NSO and SM3DAS (SM64). Although most configurations are compatible with each other, they can cause problems.

The NERD (Hovercraft) emulator will solve most problems through hacks. Both settings and hacks don't work without each other.

All about these files in my spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8CMfQyJ4qJZ92jiBjJLzt2hF7twwNG5cEwwjlAbH0k

Last edited by Imancol,

ROGsamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put this as the first line in the .lua file for menu speed up, it also fixes the crash at the door

function FrameBegin()
--menu speed up 1.0
n64MemWrite8(0x801DA5CB, 0x02)
return
end

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Runs better than real hardware
I don't remember N64 having blue borders, a common issue with GE when emulated even on P64 and others, not to mention control problems (sensitivity) but hell if thats good enough for you and you can say this is better than real HW who am I to say otherwise... to each their own.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
"Better than real hardware" is a false and an ignorant statement. That GLide mupen64plus core has a lot of things disabled and if you play more than 30/60 min the textures starts to glitch (black textures) thanks to a hardcode setting with max texture cache size. With FBE disabled you cant play multiplayer and as usual, the game stutters/lags in some transitions or heavy loaded levels/areas even by max overclocking the console. You cant go past 640x480, glitched select mission screen, gfx glitches on the ocean on FRIGATE level and I can continue but I dont really care. Retroarch on android 10 (switchroot) runs the game miles better, docked or handheld.

Reactions: Tumbleweed

Milenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't remember N64 having blue borders, a common issue with GE when emulated even on P64 and others, not to mention control problems (sensitivity) but hell if thats good enough for you and you can say this is better than real HW who am I to say otherwise... to each their own.
I'll take blue borders over massive slowdown, controls are fine too.. when I mean better than real hardware I mean it lags less than an actual console.. but yeah my point is that it's more than playable on retroarch

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll take blue borders over massive slowdown, controls are fine too.. when I mean better than real hardware I mean it lags less than an actual console.. but yeah my point is that it's more than playable on retroarch

I understood it, its just because people keeping mentioning retroarch when yeah its an amazing app, I have it installed on other systems works damn fine for most emulators, but it also demands sometimes quite a lot of configuration, not as easy friendly and people here still dream with a 'plug-n-play' GE for the NSO that could be injected or whatever... I really find that really hard to happen, its the typical game that would demand A LOT of hacks to work properly on this NERD emulator imo...

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I expected this to be a thread focused on solutions for NSO, but it became another thing ... I also see that someone took my solution and added it on their own list without giving credits. I had fix Motion Blur's problems in Majora who already work for NSO, but if my time and effort is in vain, I just do not have the need to keep contributing.

• Sad
Reactions: peteruk

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Nintendo has "intentionally" broken the N64 emulator in SM3DAS with the latest update [v196608] so that Paper Mario crashes when Kammy Koopa Appears, the same thing that happened in NSO Base and fixed with the update [v65536].

I don't know if it's intentional, but every time I find an update for this emulator, other problems will appear.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just an fyi the blue borders are caused by the game not having FBE turned on so don't let him fool you

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Nintendo has "intentionally" broken the N64 emulator in SM3DAS with the latest update [v196608] so that Paper Mario crashes when Kammy Koopa Appears, the same thing that happened in NSO Base and fixed with the update [v65536].

I don't know if it's intentional, but every time I find an update for this emulator, other problems will appear.
The updates have also affected other games. Ahem: Mario Tennis. The effects of the ball will cause a drop in frames, broken in 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 (I don't have a 1.0.1 update to check)

(1.1.0 - 1.1.1)

(1.0.0)

I have added the recommended version if you want to use the game config in SM3DAS in my spreadsheet

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/xoBNc4WtlSw