N64 NOT FOR RESALE Gameshark Key Code

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a Banjo-Kazooie NOT FOR RESALE cartridge from a bookstore and I was hoping to use my Gameshark to see what I could uncover, but it seems to require a key code due to the fact that it will not boot on the Gameshark. I tried using the Banjo-Kazooie key code but it didn't work. I saw that users can input a custom key code into the Gameshark so is there any code for NOT FOR RESALE carts? Or is there a way to find the key code myself?

Thanks!

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is be VERY careful inputting it in. I'd say try every possible preset key code and see if one of them works. Banjo should have worked though as I'd assume its the same exact game.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
If there is be VERY careful inputting it in. I'd say try every possible preset key code and see if one of them works. Banjo should have worked though as I'd assume its the same exact game.
warning if you enable the wrong keycode, your gameshark will not function until you present it with a game that uses the keycode that you selected. I've unlocked afew n64 gamesharks using the piggyback method that I believe was locked cause of someone selecting the wrong keycode .

Reactions: Zaide and cearp

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible that the demo cart has a different anti-piracy chip or routine than the full game since they usually make those carts in advance (sometimes when the full game is still in beta even). When I get a chance I will look at the game to see what I can find out (though 64 hacking isn't really my forte).

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried all the key codes (I own all the games required to use them), but none of them work.
When I get a chance I will look at the game to see what I can find out (though 64 hacking isn't really my forte).
I don't believe there is a rom for Banjo-Kazooie NOT FOR RESALE, so hacking via computer will be difficult to impossible for now, but any help would be appreciated.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i remember when i had to borrow some game from a friend (funny, i think it was banjo kazooie ha) because i was playing about and locked my action reply, and needed the game to get out.
surely they could have made it so it doesn't get 'locked'... right?

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version GS do you have?

3.3. I'd love to rip the cartridge, but my Gameshark happens to be the one where the parallel port is a dummy. I have the serial cable and computer required, but not the correct Gameshark. :( That's the last time I buy a Gameshark from Amazon.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it has never been dumped maybe someone on therwp.com will loan you a proper 3.3. That would help both of your causes. :wink:

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm not sure if you can dump it without booting or not as I've never done it before. It may take special hardware (without the GS hack - catch 22) to do it actually because of the chip. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended