romeoondaline

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I was just askin if thats possible cus my friend has a program that can play N64 games on a PSP
psp.gif
and it would be really Kewl
yaynds.gif
thanx to all Replies
yaynds.gif

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The PSP has much more power.. It might be possible to play N64 games on a DS in the future.. but a lot of work has to be done to make it work. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

romeoondaline

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanx for repling thats kewl i bet sum1 wuld come out with it
biggrin.gif

i mean i was think for the controls it wuld be differnt but i was having in mind that u can change the controls for different games for example:
the game wud be conkers bad fur day
biggrin.gif

so i wud set the buttons that r used allot like
A=A
B=B
Y=Z
L and R= L&R
the control pad wud b the stick
soo that wud be really kewl huh?
yaynds.gif

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
n64 emulation is very unlikely. the DS itself is comparable in power to the N64. it would be like having a ps2 emulator for xbox.

the golden rule of emulation is the 10x rule. this means that the machine emulated has to be 10 times weaker than the machine that is emulating it.

psp emulation of n64 is currently very slow, about 15 fps for games like mario 64. it may yet reach 60fps, but games like goldeneye or conker's are out of the question even for psp.

honestly, i'd be happy just to see really fleshed-out emulation for nes, snes, gbc, genesis, TG16, and other weaker systems. the scene for psp has these emus down pat, and the DS can certainly handle them.

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL
really i thought that wud be the biggest problem i mean nintendo got the game super mario 64 wit as good grapgics as the N64 game its amazing wat tecnholgy has become LOL
Yes but Super Mario 64 is not emulated. It is a game completely re-made and coded for DS from the ground up. It is not relevant to N64 emulation on DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more