N64/Gamecube to USB adapters.

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know where I can find these? I posted one in the buying section, but I don't think many people in gbatemp would have one. I just want one that works (as in the anolog sticks 'cause those cause the most problems). I don't care about memory pack support or anything. I just want to use it as a controller to have it closest to the real thing as possible. In other words, to play emulation. (mainly Smash Bros. 64 online)

I did quite a bit of research on these stuff, so far I'm looking into Super Joy Box 13 and Adaptoid, but these products are both rare to find. I did not know that Adaptoid are so expensive now.. which was a surprise to me how much people would buy it for.

There is, however, a DIY (do it yourself) converter over at Raphnet. http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/gc_n64_usb/index_en.php He also has some other really unique things, you should go check it out. Anyways, I have no soldering skills, and in the end from buying all those usb cables, GC+N64 cables and the chip itself to solder into, it'll be quite expensive.

Anyways.. so far the last choices I have are:

Raphnet's N64/GC controller to USB (DIY, and costly in the end by adding up all the cable and usb costs as well):
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/gc_n64_usb/index_en.php

Jandaman's N64/PSX controller to USB:
http://www.jandaman.com/games.mvc?p=n64psx...tegory_code=N64

I looked up trio linker and I heard there's problems with it. Anyone can confirm that with a gamecube controller? Thanks for reading. Hoping to get some response so I have a clue on what to do.. I have no idea what to buy now. I just put an order on DX's PSX/PS2 controller to USB but I still want N64/GC controller to USB.

ryan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Play-Asia has a lot of stuff like that... worth a shot. I just browsed around eBay real fast and came up with the Adaptoid, but it's like $50.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Didn't you actually get a good deal than? I heard they go between 100-200. I bumped into a website yesterday where this guy customly makes these controllers to USB adapter. I emailed him quite a few times and got emails back quickly. He seems trustworthy and a nice guy. I sent the money through paypal already. He says he'll be able to finish within a week and will update me. I made a custom order of N64+GC controller to USB adapter. I hope everything goes well.

ryan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh really? 100-200? On eBay I think the most expensive one was around 70... I didn't buy one myself though, just thought I'd take a look around. Let me know how that guy works out for you though. How much does he charge?

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a set price. I promised him not to mention a price as well. If you're interested, I can give you his email and you can talk with him. He doesn't really do it for business at the moment, its more of a hobby of his. He loves programming and old school games.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anakir said:
It's not a set price. I promised him not to mention a price as well. If you're interested, I can give you his email and you can talk with him. He doesn't really do it for business at the moment, its more of a hobby of his. He loves programming and old school games.
Please give me his email/website too, 'cause I'd love to use my GC controller on my PC
biggrin.gif

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'll give it to you guys when he's done with mine 'cause I don't wanna be giving false hope in case it doesn't come out right, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. I'll make a review and give you guys the email and website when I receive the product.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up, but I already purchased one customly made. It's awesome. GC+N64 to USB adapter. Works perfectly.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU