Hacking N64 emulator for Vita

hehk1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With full unlocked vita, what's happens with emulation about N64 ? Vita have decent hardware to give for us good emulation, But I don't understand why nobody interest to build it :/. For PSP with low hardware, it can gives little good emulation (with buggy sounds or glitch graphics, but runs). Please someone give this retro for us.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita was basically dead on arrival everywhere other than Japan, nobody is going to make a completely new emulator for it. It's in a similar situation to the Wii U, where you can run all the emulators from the previous system, but to take advantage of the current hardware there's only Retroarch.

hehk1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Vita was basically dead on arrival everywhere other than Japan, nobody is going to make a completely new emulator for it. It's in a similar situation to the Wii U, where you can run all the emulators from the previous system, but to take advantage of the current hardware there's only Retroarch.
what's happen with retroarch ? I remember last year, they was build n64 emulator for vita, since I don't see any news anymore.

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something about the Vita's Graphics API being too complex and niche. Not much interest and lack of developers that are willing to make an n64 emulator using the Vita's API. It's not so much power that is holding the Vita back, but the standards and modernization of current GPU hardware. From my understanding, you would have to develop an n64 emulator specifically for the PSVita, and not many people are willing to do that for such a small audience.

Last edited by gman666,
Reactions: Richard115

Thekenbaum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something about the Vita's Graphics API being too complex and niche. Not much interest and lack of developers that are willing to make an n64 emulator using the Vita's API. It's not so much power that is holding the Vita back, but the standards and modernization of current GPU hardware. From my understanding, you would have to develop an n64 emulator specifically for the PSVita, and not many people are willing to do that for such a small audience.

Yeah, on top of that; SNES emulation for games with special chips in them still have problems with Retroarch on the vita. I'm no expert; but I imagine that SNES chip games are easier to emulate then N64 games, right?
if the N64 did get an emulator; I'd imagine it wouldn't be that great. Probably like Daedalus but slightly faster and maybe more stable, maybe.

hehk1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe I'm wrong, but I don't believe if is impossible to give good emulation for vita on n64, we just need someone with high skill level to do that, I see one guy from retroarch begins to worked on n64 last year, but I don't see any feedbacks anymore.... :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple