• Maybe

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Super Smash Bros. (HELL YEAH)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Do you think that the 3DS would be powerful enough to run N64 Games? I hope so...

SSB YEAH!!

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry, but this threads pretty much pointless. not to rain on your parade, but we know next to nothing about the 3ds. who knows if it will ever get hacked, let alone allow emulation of any kind on it. its quite probable that it will be powerful enough to emulate n64, but at this point nobody knows when or if will be hacked, and if we did know, honey, you aint seein it for a looooonng time. nutz out...

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My N64 emulator is already running at about 8 FPS on the DSi, positive it will be full speed on the 3gs.
I call it the Nintendo Sixty-Gore
smile.gif

cup9192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Pretty much the only thing we know about the 3DS regards its screen... N64 emulation on PCs and even the Wii is a crap-shoot. A poll even?!

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If Nintendo does it. Absolutly yes.
cool.gif

If a coder has to do it. Nya.... We'll see. It will take a while . That's for sure.

P.S At all the others. It's a legitemate question. In the end it comes done to if the system is fast enough / how different the architecture is.

Ahja, don't act like douches. Especially if your not sure about the subject yourself.

And sure we know next to nothing about the system. Doesn't stop us from speculating in other threads.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
Compare 3DS with N64:
N64 had 3D games - 3DS will have 3D screens/gaming + a new videochip
N64 was the first nintendo console with an analog stick - 3DS will be nintendo's first handheld with an analog stick

So yeah plausible...

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutella5600 said:
sorry, but this threads pretty much pointless. not to rain on your parade, but we know next to nothing about the 3ds. who knows if it will ever get hacked, let alone allow emulation of any kind on it. its quite probable that it will be powerful enough to emulate n64, but at this point nobody knows when or if will be hacked, and if we did know, honey, you aint seein it for a looooonng time. nutz out...

I suggest you read the question again.

"Do you think that the 3DS would be powerful enough to run N64 Games?"

It doesn't matter how much we know. Stop raining on parades you parade rainer.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
FragAguy said:
Compare 3DS with N64:
N64 had 3D games - 3DS will have 3D screens/gaming + a new videochip
N64 was the first nintendo console with an analog stick - 3DS will be nintendo's first handheld with an analog stick

So yeah plausible...
Uh.
Guh.
Buh.
Wha.
blink.gif

None of that has anything to do with whether it's powerful enough to emulate an N64 or not.

D

Deleted-247497

OP
SgtThom said:
cup9192 said:
N64 emulation on PCs is a crap-shoot.

You must have a slow CPU if an n64 emulator run slow on your computer.

yeah just about to say, my dell inspiron totally basic non gaming pc can emulate any n64 game no problem full speed full screen

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a pointless, but not bad, thread. The question can be factually answered once we get the specs for the 3DS. Until then, baseless speculation is all that'll happen here.

GTAMAN1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
i played an n64 onnce, enjoyable was it, i would love to see 3ds with n64 games like puzzle bobble 3.
maybe we could get snes on it too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China