RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Keylogger, Jan 7, 2019.

1. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    I know the feeling, I went thru both this thread and the RetroArch thread and it was quite an adventure lol. I was actually thinking about creating a Mupen thread the other day, but it seems like things keep changing quite frequently and just today m4xw dropped a new mupen64 build in the RetroArch thread. So I was kind of waiting for things to settle down a little more before making a thread.

2. kyle5482

kyle5482 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2015
    United States
    So i decided to bite the bullet and download Atmosphere, I did become a patron and grabbed the new Glide64 core from there but it mentions kernel patches are required, and you mention a patched atmosphere file, what are these and how can I find / apply them. I simply grabbed the latest version of Atmosphere, so do I have to apply some additional patch? And what of a patch for this new Mupen64 Glide core? I'm afraid I don't really understand Kernel patching. Thanks in advance and thank you everyone for your help and advice so far.

3. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Both stock atmosphere and hekate have the needed patches

4. grabman

grabman GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2018
    United States
    join the discord for m4xw there under patreon content is the atmos dirty build i use on 6.20

5. kyle5482

kyle5482 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2015
    United States
    I joined the RetroNX and have been scrolling up for a while on the patrons tab but nothings jumping out at me (novice discord user), I see nothing pinned so I assume its just a conversation post? Any way to narrow down my search?

6. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Just use regular atmosphere, it'll work fine

7. kyle5482

kyle5482 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2015
    United States
    Thanks, i'll give it a shot.

8. kyle5482

kyle5482 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2015
    United States
    So I just booted up Atmosphere for the first time, if I tried to boot it with a cartridge inserted (or insert one while in it) i get an Error Code 2002-2634 message. I intended to use a cartridge game while holding r to boot for full RAM, any clues as to whats going wrong?

Edit - I’m running on FW 2.3 (never touched my nand FW, only upgraded emunand on SX OS in past. SX OS never gave me problems so I assume it’s exclusively an issue with Atmosphere and what I have set up.

Last edited by kyle5482, Mar 16, 2019
  9. OvOvOv

OvOvOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    Spain
  10. kyle5482

kyle5482 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2015
    United States
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I go to use it, but this seems different. Its actually happening in my OFW too which is on 2.3, but not in my SX OS EMUNAND which is on 6.0.0, so I'm thinking maybe i just need to update my firmware on the Nand.

Edit - Looks like updating fixed it but Atmosphere won't read any game cartridges (OFW and SX OS does). I've edited the BCT.ini and changed to nocg=0 but that didn't seem to work. Is there something else I'm missing?

Last edited by kyle5482, Mar 17, 2019
  11. tabnk

tabnk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    SX OS 2.6 support JIT (Near Stutter Free) now :)

Last edited by tabnk, Mar 18, 2019
  12. OvOvOv

OvOvOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    Spain
    :toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

Broduskii likes this.
  13. feral

feral Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2019
    United States
    Any users here having problems with controls being mapped? The games start up and seem to run fine, but even after resetting my retroarch configs the controls only seem to work the first time I boot an N64 game. After that I can’t even access the retroarch menu and have to manually shut down emulation. I’m on SX OS 2.6 beta with 7.0.1 emunand.

14. OvOvOv

OvOvOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    Spain
    Nope. It is working without issues for me

15. udo4ever

udo4ever GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2007
    Canada
    I can vouch for this. I also have encountered this issue too. It is frustrating. When I boot retroach, controls work fine for the menu but once I load the N64 rom, the controllers do not respond anymore. I have to press the home button and go to the switch menu and shut down the app that is running. If I go into retroach again, it will likely do it again. I have to actually do a full system reboot with payload to get back the controls in retroarch... very weird.

16. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Which cfw, what fw version?

17. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States

Theoretically this means that SX OS users can enjoy the latest mupen-next build. But don't expect to receive much support from m4xw if you have any issues. I'll just use reboot to payload to switch between CFWs.

Last edited by stick267, Mar 18, 2019
    Csmrcc likes this.
  18. feral

feral Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2019
    United States
    I’m OP for the control issue. It happens for me in Atmosphere 0.85 and SX OS 2.6 beta, both running on 7.0.1 firmware. I’m going to try a fresh retroarch install and see if that helps narrow this down.

Last edited by feral, Mar 18, 2019
    hippy dave likes this.
  19. OvOvOv

OvOvOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    Spain
    I don't have that issue. CFW 6.2 SX Emunand / sysnand 7.0.1 / retroarch 1.7.6 with last mupen core (glide) for patrons.

Last edited by OvOvOv, Mar 18, 2019
  20. feral

feral Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2019
    United States
    Figured it out. This plugin doesn't seem to work with Input > Poll Type Behavior in retroarch set to Normal. It seems to work when set to Early or Late though.

hippy dave likes this.