RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Keylogger, Jan 7, 2019.

1. freakzilla5

freakzilla5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2011
    I know it's probably a long way off... but is it possible we could get hd texture support in the future?

2. xecutionx

xecutionx Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    Has this been merged with the nightlies yet?

Thanks

3. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yeah someone said it's in the nightlies now. I haven't checked personally.

4. grabman

grabman GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2018
    United States
    Well my findings so far

I personally saw no difference between nsp with sxos and atmosphere using the loader ini and pokemon quest.

I am happy to report sin and punishment works woo hoo!

Even using pokemon quest i still crash at level 2 of starfox

Fzero is playable for me but music sounds terrible. So not really fully playable because of this.

All in all i am so happy and thankful for this. I got goosebumps seeing the dk crew rap and thinking back to when nes played like crap. We have come along way. Please let us all share truthful info and work together to make this software truly shine!

loon111 likes this.
  5. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    What are the recommended settings for best performance?

6. zenjiki

zenjiki Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2006
    United States
    What setting do you have for F Zero? Cause using the recommended settings from the 1st beta released, I’m getting 60fps, 1080p, no problems with sound, at stock clock speeds. Same settings and results with Mario 64, Wacerace, Starfox, 1080 Snowboarding, Mario Kart, Blast Corps, Ocarina, Majora, Ridge Racer, Snowboard Kids 1-2, Tony Hawk 1-3... more but can’t remember.

7. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Are you getting stuttering with your settings? Are you overclocking?

8. mikifantastik98

mikifantastik98 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Italy
    follow

9. zenjiki

zenjiki Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2006
    United States
    I said stock clock speed, so no over-clocking with the games I mentioned. It stutters maybe 1-2seconds at most and usually just at the beginning of a level, race, stage, or performing new move. But aside from those 1-2 seconds of stutter it’s full speed.

10. xenocard

xenocard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United Arab Emirates

the best way to Play F-Zero in 60 FPS glory and 1080P is to use the Dynaric config that m4xw provided, or change a few settings inside the core options, you must run retro arch from an NSP, i am using their provided NSP and have Mario 64* and F-Zero X running at 60 frames

f-zero will have sound stutter in menu, its clean when you start racing.
    Mario 64 may have slowdown at first few minutes, i think the Core is decoding something after that the game runs perfect

you have to overclock to 1581MHz, without overclock don't expect full speed, we are not there yet

also if you said you have sin & punishment working, you are not using dynamic recompile, it doesn't run on it
    or maybe my copy which is patched with English Menus isn't supported yet like all other English translated roms i have, none works

i want ray man 2 to work but no luck yet, still slow on pure interpreter

*Mario 64 @60FPS is a patched rom

Last edited by xenocard, Jan 13, 2019
    SLiV3R likes this.
  11. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Take the secret exit on Starfox where you fly through the blue things and it doesn't crash

12. zenjiki

zenjiki Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2006
    United States
    Latest nightlies you don’t even need over clock with games I mentioned... all at 1080p and full speed, meaning fzero 60fps. Just use dynarec option and follow the recommended settings by the developer.

Last edited by zenjiki, Jan 12, 2019
  13. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Could I get you to share your config file, or cut and paste the mupen settings from it?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

By recommended settings you mean the txt file shared by m4xw earlier?

Do you have a link to the nightlies? I’m having trouble finding it. :(

14. nintendowii

nintendowii GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    Germany
  15. grabman

grabman GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2018
    United States
    I have no clue how you get 60fps in fzero if you are using a patched sm64 rom that makes sense i will look for that. Care to share your settings for fzero? This is a big problem i feel here people making statements but no like pointers in terms of settings etc. i am using the config posted with the dynarec. It is on when i play sin and punishment and i am happy to provide video proof but i wonder if maybe its not like active? Is there anyway to confirm other than the cpu setting in options? 60fps in sm64 would be a dream come true can you link me in pm?

Last edited by grabman, Jan 12, 2019
  16. Layonhandz

Layonhandz Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    Germany
    F-zero crash instand

dernettemann1983 likes this.
  17. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    no idea how you all get all these games to run fluidly, I barely get mario 64 to run ok-ish.

and i've been using the settings from op

grabman likes this.
  18. xenocard

xenocard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    my settings for F-Zero X are in screenshots
    https://imgur.com/UWUdaGz
    ^ this is your Core Options that you can access after you run a Game, if you lower the screen resolution you can get better results in most games.
    make sure you have your Core set to: Dynamic Recompiler
    or use m4xw .CFG File, its already setup
    https://imgur.com/a/OIiui6y
    F-Zero doesn't go full screen for me, unless i used a game shark code or changed the Video Resolution in Retroarch Settings to Custom

save your settings for the game
    Overclock your Switch to 1581Mhz
    restart Retroarch and have fun

Last edited by xenocard, Jan 13, 2019
  19. grabman

grabman GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2018
    United States
    xactly why i have requested such discourse please can someone clarify how does one activate the dynarec perhaps we have conflicting settings?

ok after updating to latest nightly i am golden. So guys if you have problems def try clearing out and installing 01/12 build

60fps fzero sounds good bout to try sin and punishment will do a vid hopefully tonight talking bout this was ordeal

Last edited by grabman, Jan 12, 2019
  20. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Is the nightly any different?