Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So after about a week of waiting for my LoZ game to arrive (which it did today, thanks Schlupi!) I decided to dust off my old N64 and play a little Goldeneye. Everything seemed fine and such, so I figured the controller still worked fine. Then today as I'm playing LoZ OoT I noticed that Link seemed to be...walking slower, as if the analog stick wasn't being pushed up all the way. So I figured It might be a tad dusty and old inside so I took it apart and cleaned it out real good and...still nothing. Same thing, so I was wondering if there was a way for me to sort of fix this problem as it's the only controller I could find. If not, can anybody direct me to a good site that sells N64 controllers for cheap? Thanks!

tl;dr N64 Controller Analog stick isn't working well, as if it's not being pushed up all the way.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I've had bad experiences with eBay, not saying it's a bad site and I won't buy things from there but I'd kinda like to keep it as a last resort if possible. I already cleaned the controller out, cleaned out everything just like that guide says. So I guess it's just a new controller or deal with the problem then...oh well!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you need is one of these babies.

P1070855.jpg

P1070857.jpg

Nintendo sent me these four in 2003(?) ... all I did was call and ask for them.
cool.gif

Try ebay.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I find the ergonomics of the first-party controller completely insane. Can't play 20 minutes of SB64 without my hand getting completely raped.

It's really designed for the hands of small children.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Personally I find the ergonomics of the first-party controller completely insane. Can't play 20 minutes of SB64 without my hand getting completely raped.

Or, really big hands. I love the N64 controller, but I've never held it by the middle 'wing' the way its intended. My hands are big enough that my thumb comfortably reaches the stick from a standard grip. I use the middle finger of my right hand for the z button.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hanafuda said:
Urza said:

Or, really big hands. I love the N64 controller, but I've never held it by the middle 'wing' the way its intended. My hands are big enough that my thumb comfortably reaches the stick from a standard grip. I use the middle finger of my right hand for the z button.

This. I enjoy the feel of the original controller better now that I'm a tad older, my fingers reach just fine and I use the same exact method as you. That's why if I had to buy a controller I'd like to get an original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1