OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
ds.gif
N5DS kernel 1.21
Minor bugfix
n5_cart_mini.png
This release fixes a problem with release #2493 ('Samantha Oups').

Changelog said:
Solved the problem that 2493 white screen on the platform
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Contributed by tKo HaXoR
Edited by Sinkhead. Fixed by JPH ;)

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I need the wisdom of someone more experienced in this stuff than I am. It turns out that the N5 _DS_MENU.DAT is unencrypted. All you have to do is encrypt it with r4crypt and it runs. It says it's an N5 and 1.21, and all the games I tested work except the one they said they fixed, 2493. It goes white screen just like they said it does. So...what's going on?

I see the N5 FW has a _AX_MENU.DAT that the R4 doesn't. I copied it over but I'm sure the R4 is ignoring it. Maybe that's where the updated code is. If so, that may mean no N5 firmware for us R4 users.

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, the update must have something to do with the _AX_MENU.DAT! 2493 runs perfect on the n5 so i guess you can't use the N5 firmware on the R4. My N5 has run perfect since i got it, compared to my iTouch... until the 2.0 firmware, it was a piece of shit flash cart that was poorly made. Bought it for 30 when it was released, should have waited cuz now it is only 17 dollars at dealextreme. The iTouch is made out of horrible plastic and the little clips that hold it together are very flimsy. I prefer the N5 from the R4 even though people said it blew a fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt