N5 Blown fuse only on DS Lite?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Skytbest, Jun 20, 2008.

Jun 20, 2008

N5 Blown fuse only on DS Lite? by Skytbest at 1:11 PM (2,563 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Skytbest
    OP

Newcomer Skytbest Newbie

United States
    So I ordered a N5 card for my DS fat and I was considering canceling it when I read that they were blowing fuses. But all the guide on how to repair fuses and such deal with DS Lites. Can the blown fuse happen on a DS fat? Or is it only a DS lite problem since the insides are different. Also what are the chances of this blown fuse? If anyone has had a fuse blown on their DS fat by this card please post and let me know, or if you have heard that they do. Thanks!

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    It's possible on a Phat DS too, it's just that less people use them.

I don't know what the chance is of a N5 blowing a fuse, but it is pretty high... I wouldn't try using it (well, I did try one, but that was before all of this was known).

3. Holaitsme

Member Holaitsme 10/10 would be loyal again

United States
    why an n5 the thought makes me sick [​IMG] you could have gotten an acekard 2 for 3 dollars more at dealextreme.com

4. Skytbest
    OP

Newcomer Skytbest Newbie

United States
    i was thinking an M3 real in that case, is that better?

5. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Yes, anything is better than the N5. Except Mars DS thats just another R4 clone that is probably worse than N5.