Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
People keep on mixing up the N5 with N-Card
The N5 is R4 copycat but its garbage and will die on you in a couple of days.
The N-Card is better than the N5 any day so if u gonna by one of them buy the N-Card

N5:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11457
sku_11457_1.jpg

N-Card:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2069
sku_2069_1.jpg

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Note: the N-Card clones (firecard, dslinker, f-card, etc) are an exception to the rule "Clones are bad" They're all the same hardware.

Also, the N-Card has zero slowdowns, which no other cart (except for the original games!) can do.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
N5 are well known to brick your DS so DO NOT buy it!

I have Firecard - and it sucks big time. It died on me after two months. Always had problems with it. My advice to you all - stay away from N5 and N-card and its clones! You can get better card for same price anyway.

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wilddenim said:

I have Firecard - and it sucks big time. It died on me after two months. Always had problems with it. My advice to you all - stay away from N5 and N-card and its clones! You can get better card for same price anyway.

I have 2 N-Card clones (DS-Linker & MK5), except DSLinux (... but I think the problems are caused by the missing ram ... ) and DSVideo (... But the N-Card isn't the only card without a DLDI "hack") every homebrew I wanted to play, worked (and since Im a homebrew freak & dev I tested much~)
I had around 2~3 Problems with the Save-File error (hell, over 2000 roms, I don't expect everything to work perfekt, On my DSTT Ive had much more problems, even if the card is stated to have 99% compabtiblity). As long you don't play the newest games, download play works fine and (Local) Wifi works perfect too...

- Using N-Card clones since nearly 1year~

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wilddenim said:
Not one homebrew worked on my Firecard. That's why I hated it so much.

Depends on which firmware youve played...

On the old ones, without DLDI, homebrew support were realy horrible, but now its realy nice for such a cheap card.

XBlade316

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i see many agree with me that n5 is garbage.
i had a bad experience with it. i bought a n5(cause started to play nds and i was nub so didnt no anything)then i put it in my phat ds and it got bricked so i had to buy a new nds(lite) but i cant get a flashkart

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilddenim said:

Sucks for you. But newsflash, this can happen with any cart. Not just the N Card/clones.

With all the carts I have, my DS Linker is still probably my favorite. Sure, it's featureless compared to the other carts, but it plays every single game at full speed. I never have to worry with that cart.

arie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just bought an N5 but didn't research these much before.. Mine seems to work just fine but it's the only type I've used so far. That said, what is it about these that is so bad? Also, are the bricks from using homebrew or roms or both?

Kevino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the N5 will only brick your DS if it stops working, and you leave it on the "Loading..." screen for a long, long time. In general, I think the "bricking" issue is WAY overblown. I have an N5 (as well as 5 other carts) and the N5 overall is a very nice cart to use, except for one major issue - every 2 weeks ro so it corrupts the SD card and I have to reformat the memory card, and all my save games are lost.

I also own a DS Fire Link Card (1 GB - N-card clone) and it has performed flawlessly so far, although I've only used it to play games and nothig else. One bummer is that the n-cards seem to not have any cheat capability. I don't use cheats, but my kids like to mess around with them, so they hate the fire link DS cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free